Thu, Sep 19, 3:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Volume Mat tutorial

frogdot ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 11:57 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:55 PM

Attached Link: Searching For The Ether Bunny

file_209871.jpg

Probably the most unpredictable magical feature in Bryce is traveling through a sphere filled with a volume mat. Moving the camera just a fraction gives a completely unique view. Part of the fun is knowing when to save the file, because if you miss a good spot, you'll never get back to the same place. Choosing the image used as the mat is the most important. As long as it has black in it, anything works. If an image has a poser figure in it, sometimes you can catch eyes looking back at you. These are my settings for my "Searching For The Ether Bunny" image Have fun

ysvry ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 12:16 AM
madmax_br5 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 12:36 AM

file_209872.jpg

Yes, this technique is excellent for makign abstract desktop backgrounds and such. Here's on I did recently.

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 1:27 AM

wow! drac (either i haven't taken my meds this morning or that's just cool!)

FranOnTheEdge ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 4:43 AM

Wanna do dat!!!! Fran

Measure your mind's height
by the shade it casts.

Robert Browning (Paracelsus)

Fran's Freestuff

http://franontheedge.blogspot.com/

http://www.FranOnTheEdge.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.