Tue, Oct 22, 6:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 in the Mail?

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 8:30 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 9:59 PM

I was one of the P6 pre-orders, although I have note received it, not has CL answered any of my emails on the subject. Has anoyone received the box in the mail, or has everyone else elected to purchase the download?

Jcleaver ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 8:32 PM

Mine is still pending shipment. I don't think anybody has received the box version yet. I think Friday was the first day of shipping from DR.

Sherlock ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 8:34 PM

Thanks! I feel better now. I thought my order had gotten lost or something.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:22 PM

nope nothing for me either, I suspect that shipping will begin on tuesday.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 10:17 PM

Whether or not DR takes the holiday on Monday, I'm not expecting to see my box until Friday at the earliest. It would be nice to have a head's up from DR or CL that the boxes have left that way-station and are in the tender mercies of the delivery companies. It would be even nicer to have NORAD track them like Santa and the reindeer!

Velen ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 12:03 PM

CL said it would be 5 to 7 days before they recived the boxed versions for shiping. Today is the 7th day but as sunday is not a work day they proly wont begin reciving our boxs untill tomorrow then with in two days everybodys is sposta be shiped. Toodles Sits on her hands and waits. Vel

whbos ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 12:08 PM

My pre-order used to show "backorder," but now is showing "pending shipment." I ordered this month so I don't expect to see it for several weeks. The fact that the status has change indicates that DR must have received the copies already.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 12:15 PM

I ordered mine with overnight shipping, and as of this afternoon (Monday the 28th) I'm still shown as "pending shipment".

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 1:25 PM

Is Easter Monday a holiday in the USA as it is here in Canada? If it is then they will prob not start shipping til tomorrow.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 1:42 PM

Nope. Business as usual here.

blondbear1 ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 3:32 PM

I received an email on the 25th that my copy has been shipped by ups and I am expecting to receive it on the 30th. I also got the tracking number.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 3:39 PM

blondbear1 you are the 1st that I have come across that got an actual confermation :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 3:50 PM

Hmmm - I thought they said they were shipping by priority. Guess overnight is no big deal to them. I went to digitalriver.com, and it seems their priorities are sell, sell, and sell. Distribution isn't stressed. The new CL is getting off to a bad start by partnering with these people.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 6:51 PM

Tempus Fugit, I'd hazard a guess that they are using different shipping methods depending upon where one is located. I doubt if the UPS or courier companies deliver to the bottom of the Grand Canyon or tip of the Aleutians. PO boxes and military addresses are treated differently from regular residential addrresses which are treated diffrently from business addresses. When I lived in Coarsegold, there was no house delivery... if I wanted something I drove to where I could pick it up, usually in the next town over. As to how they are shipping? They could be dividing by zipcode and sending each shipment to a local distribution center by truck or plane. In this case, I'd expect them to just do it by number so folks in NY would get it days before those of us in California or Hawaii. If they are handling each item individually, they could be doing it by date and time of sale no matter where on the planet it is going. Priority is relative. If normal mail takes 4-7 business days, then priority could be 2-3 business days. If normal mail is 3-4 weeks, then priority might take a full week and still be accurately named. I suspect that there are other items which are given "priority", too. Tax documents and voter ballots are perhaps scooted through the system ahead of time-sensitive greeting cards which would beat out regular business mail. Carolly

Goldfire ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 7:51 PM

Folks, I just spoke with a Digital River phone rep to place my order, as I was getting 'connections refused' from Digital River when I tried to check out. According to the gentleman, Poser 6 IS in the warehouse and shipping. I opted for 2nd day Air and he told me I should get it by Friday. Sounds like they are caught up on all the preorders....In another thread someone observed that sometimes it's the order processing software that can't keep up...they once got their software while the company was still saying 'order pending' Or maybe the phone guy was talking through his hat .

VisionAiry ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 8:43 PM

As much as I hope Goldfire is right, I'm not holding my breath for my copy to arrive. My credit card has not been charged yet, neither has an authorization been placed on it for the upgrade. Unless they're planning to give it to me for free, I'm guessing my copy hasn't shipped yet ;)

Velen ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:15 PM

same here no C Card charges yet.... Twiddles thums waiting waiting IS IT HERE YET!!!! :) Grin

Goldfire ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 6:40 PM

He was talking through his hat. Order's still 'pending.' I was hoping he was right, but not optamistic that he was right. Looks like my pessamism wins.

Sherlock ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 7:49 PM

I just got this message via email from Digital River... "Your order has been shipped and your credit card has been charged."

Goldfire ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 10:13 PM

No he wasn't!!!!! Talking through his hat, that is. Got my confirmation about an hour ago, along with most of the rest of Poserdom, it seems. They must have been busy at DR today, but did a mass mailing after hours like a lot of shipping buisnesses do.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 2:11 AM · edited Wed, 30 March 2005 at 2:14 AM

Just got an email! :) So I have a spiffy new serial number just waiting for a box of goodies. Looks like it might be UPS... I'd better get my traps baited and laid near where he parks for lunch.

Carolly

Message edited on: 03/30/2005 02:14

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.