Sun, Sep 22, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How can you build your own clothes for Poser with MAX

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:11 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:15 AM

I am creating a dress for possete in max v3.1 I use the plugins provided from habware! I start to mesh the dress.obj for the possete. when I finish with it I export it as an obj file! When I export it using the habware plugin MAX crashes! I found some other plugins from BigPixel (something like that!!!). I export it without a problem but when I import it to Poser4 there is nothing there! The dress I make is consisted from 7 or 8 meshes with their pivot point moved to the area which I want to bent it! To make it simple HOW the hell can I make my own conforming clothes for Poser 4 (that's a big message!)

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 7:53 AM

You might want to ask at the 3d Studio Max forum here. Poser imports wavefront.obj files just fine, so there is more than likely something wrong with the .obj file as it leaves Max.

ravenfeeder ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 3:59 PM

I'd like to ask the question in a more general way. What is the best software for creating clothing for Poser? And, while I'm at it, what is the best software for creating 3D objects (tables, etc.) for Poser? It ain't Bryce, as I've found out.

Spike ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 4:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rhino3d.com

ravenfeeder, The "best software" would be a modeler that one knows how to use. I use Rhino and have had great luck with it. It all depends on how much $$ and time you want to spend. You could go d/l the Rhino demo and give it a shot.

You can't call it work if you love it... Zen Tambour

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 4:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.rhino3d.com

I like Rhino, personally. It's VERY powerful and about a third of the cost of LightWave or 3D Studio Max, PLUS it comes with a full-featured demo, which allows you to save 25 times in either .3ds or .obj format. The link enclosed here is where you can find the demo. You can import .obj files from Poser into it and make morph targets for Poser characters, too, and they work VERY well, but you need a freeware app called OBJ to 3DM first to make the conversion, anfd I think there's a link to that from the Rhino page. --Mike

MikeJ ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 4:07 PM

Damn, Spike, you're QUICK! LOL

ravenfeeder ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2001 at 9:22 AM

Thanks for the tip, mjustmike, but unfortunately, Rhino only works on PC's and I use a Mac. It's also rather expensive (I think) at $795 a copy. Or maybe this is usual for that kind of software. Maybe someday, more people will recognize the importance of the Mac in computer graphics. There are also other platforms coming along, some of which may truly rival windows in the near future. Okay, I'll quit with that. I know that's not a popular refrain.

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2001 at 1:38 PM

Sorry, ravenfeeder. I agree that it sucks that more companies don't have our Mac friends' interests in mind. :( Unfortunately, I can't think of any 3D modelers that are also ported to Mac, but I';m not exactly the best resource for cross platform info. Perhaps people at the 3DS Max, Rhino, or LightWave forums can help you. They ought to have a "Mac-App Only" forum here, because I know alot of people must get frustrated about this sort of thing. :( I wish you luck, MIke

Marty188 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 3:34 AM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/marty188/index.htm

Even though it is only for the PC Rhino is a great and powerful program. I have to emphasize the word powerful because it has soooooooo many options to work with. Like you I'm working on a dress and while I have the general form of the dress, I'm still working on tweaking it the way that I want it to look - and I'm using Rhino for this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.