Mon, Aug 5, 2:50 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:56 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: March challenge theme

chohole ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 2:33 AM Ā· edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 3:58 PM

I find that as March approaches the Irish side of my heritage comes to the fore, St Patrick's day and all that, and my images are taking on a distinctively Irish theme. What does March mean to you? So the theme for March's challenge is MARCH, March or indeed even march. That should be a theme that will allow all apps and styles to take part. Looking forward to some more poetry and stories as well as images.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 08 March 2005 at 11:03 PM

Very interesting. I wonder if we will get any posters from 'down under' with autumn themes, lol! I like the concept :)

Fractals will always amaze me!

tdierikx ( ) posted Wed, 09 March 2005 at 4:06 AM

Hahaha - I'm from downunder - and the only Autumn thing happening in March is more rain than usual...lol! Oh... and my birthday... hehe! Actually, in Sydney, the weather isn't cold enough to make the leaves drop until at least mid-April... but I'm sure we could try to accommodate on the Autumn theme... grin T.

Who? Me?

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 11:26 AM

Did you delete your entry? :(

garblesnix ( ) posted Mon, 14 March 2005 at 12:12 PM

Attached Link: Good, Small Things

I'm not sure what happened to the other submission. Cyber-gnomes, perhaps? Regardless, a writer is once again in the mix.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 5:27 AM

you can always tell. Things drop off around here as the weather starts to warm up (or cool off for the other half of this sphere we call home). ;) Anyway... 1 week left to get your entries in. Early warning :) Good luck all !!

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 11:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=911175

file_196714.jpg

OK, so here's mine. Begorrah I did warn you it would be Irish...in this case an Irish fairy glen

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 19 March 2005 at 11:17 AM

Charming! I need to wake up my inspiration and get moving on this one. :)

Draven931 ( ) posted Wed, 23 March 2005 at 6:11 AM

file_196715.jpg

here's mine i call it the farie gate

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 7:50 AM

We'll start voting on Monday Morning! So get those in by Sunday night!! Good luck everyone

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 25 March 2005 at 9:08 PM

file_196716.jpg

Tulips Marching Into Spring :)

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 26 March 2005 at 6:28 PM Ā· edited Sat, 26 March 2005 at 6:33 PM

file_196717.jpg

It's hard to compete with the great entries already here...but here's my entry. I guess tresamie and I were thinking along the same lines, except mine are odeathoflife's teddies marchng into spring. :)

Message edited on: 03/26/2005 18:33

darthuv ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 1:18 AM

file_196718.jpg

This is the ancestral home of my Mom's pioneer forefathers, the Hoyt Mansion, built by Samual P. Hoyt. It is located in Hoytsville, Utah. My Mom's side of the family is Irish and English, and that's why I'm an American ;)

I was going for a nice watercolor feel.

Used Painter 8 and Photoshop CS.

darthuv ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:27 AM

Oh, it's implied, but to be more straightforeward about my entry March reminds me of heritage. Thanks for the challenge, Aaron

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 9:58 AM

It is beautifully done. I'm glad you joined in.

chohole ( ) posted Sun, 27 March 2005 at 10:17 AM

Glad someonme else finds March sends them back to their roots. Great image. And As Dialyn said, glad you joined in.

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:11 AM

Since my post about voting starting on Monday is now a few back, figured I'd post again. :) Good luck everyone!! I've enjoyed all the submissions!!

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:43 PM
  1. darthuv 2. garblesnix 3. chohole But I do love tresamie's and Draven931's entries too...! Good job everyone. Don't get discouraged that more people didn't join in...I think there was an early onslaught of spring fever.

anniemation ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:53 PM
Online Now!

These are all so good! 1. Tresamie 2. Chohole 3. Garblesnix

ANGELFIRE999 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 8:59 PM

So do you post your vote here or use the VOTE button in the gallery?

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:03 PM

Please post your votes on this thread. Thank you!

stotty ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:20 AM
  1. Darthuv 2. Garblesnix 3. Draven931 Wish I had more time to play too :(. Well done all

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:23 AM
  1. Darthuv 2. Garblesnix 3. Draven931

darthuv ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 6:09 PM

I. chohole II. Draven931 III. dialyn

Draven931 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 12:40 AM

darthuv garblesnix Tresamie

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 4:38 AM
  1. Chohole 2. Tresamie 3. darthuv

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 9:13 AM

Thank you all for voting! Remember, there will be an April challenge too. If you couldn't join in on this one, maybe you'll be able to next month. :)

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:05 PM

dialyn - 3 points darthuv - 2 points Draven931 - 1 point This was fun! Nice to see so many takes on this interesting challenge :)

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 9:44 AM

I'll be counting this up later tonight. So by Monday we'll have a winner and hopefully a new challenge soon after :) Good luck everyone!!

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 10:54 PM

In 5th place - with 4 points: Dialyn. in 4th place - with 5 Points: Draven931. In 3th place: with 6 points: Tresamie Tied for 2rd place, iwth 9 points each: Garblesnix & Chohole and, in 1st place, with 15 Points: darthuv Congratulations to all. Darthuv, if you would, please start a new thread with the April Challenge theme.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 11:05 PM

You all did so very well. Good going, darthuv!!!

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 12:35 AM

Congrats to all! They were all great entries.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 5:44 AM

congratulations!

garblesnix ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 9:35 AM

Huzzah! to all.

chohole ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 9:51 AM

Well done Darthuv, and well deserved.

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 7:54 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.