Tue, Oct 22, 3:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Great Renders?

kpott ( ) posted Sun, 21 January 2001 at 9:40 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:24 AM

Hi! this question has probably been asked more than once here I guess, but I've been wondering how you guys get so great renders with poser models. Do you use some other Render program than Poser's? I'm on a mac but I do have a PC, so if there are any better render programs out there compatible with Poser can you please help me out. If there are, do you have to export everything and re-apply all the textures and stuff? Alot of questions but, I really need answers. Thanks alot! Kev

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:23 AM

Some people use Bryce, Vue3 or Carrara and still others get great renders right in Poser4.

Don ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 12:36 AM

I'm on a Mac, too, and I get great renders. Set your Render Options to a New Window, at 2 or 3 times the size of your Studio Window, set Rez at 216 or 288, select Anti-alias and check Okay.Then go back and Render. Of course. some Renders look great because the Poser image was imported into a new , non-Poser background. You can achieve some background effects with background pictures and the Sketch Design feature. 3Don

Dmentia ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 6:06 AM

you can render a great image inside poser, just do it in a large window and export it in tiff format so that you get a layer mask...then you can select your render and paste it over a new background image...I've never really used anything other than poser to render with...I tried bryce, but I hate the way it renders...Look for tutorials, I've seen a few in the past that showed how to get some awesome lighting effects inside poser, and other tutorials explain how to use the camera angles to your advantage...also materials play a big part in getting a great render...making your highlight color a really dark brown instead of black on human figures gives them a very slight sheen like real flesh...highlighting your lips with the same color on the texture map makes them look moist rather than black which leaves them fairlly chapped...the way to get a great render is through experimentation...

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 3:49 PM

www.robinwood.com has a great tutorial on getting realistic shadows in a poser render with a background pic.

Traveler ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2001 at 5:59 PM

What good timing, I am in the middle of writing a tutorial on how to get better renders out of Poser (mainly dealing with lights, shadows, doc size & format etc) Things I have picked up here and there. Should be at Morph World soon. -Trav

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.