Mon, Sep 9, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Tailor 1.5 Question Help

Niles ( ) posted Mon, 28 March 2005 at 9:28 PM ยท edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 4:39 PM

Does Tailor 1.5 work with the v3 m3 Luke/Laura models? If so, how do you do it? Do you have to load all the Morphs in Cr then save cr, and then import into Tailor? Thanks Niles

Artalgo ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 10:37 AM

I know it works with V3 and M3 and I assume it would work with Luke and Laura. As you say above, you need to inject the character with the morphs you want to transfer to the clothing, save the character, and load it into Tailor.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:18 PM

I Use Tailor1.5 with V3 and it works well. you have to save V3 in your Poser library with all the morphs attached. because if you want the same morphs in your costume it has to get the reference from somewhere, so it just reads it straight from the character. and it's always usefull to have a V3 about with all the morphs, as well as a few cut down ones...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

caulbox ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 8:57 AM

If your goal is to fit clothing, to a particular morphed character, then The Tailor should work universally. I've read suggestions in other threads about transferring ALL of a characters FBMs to clothing items to assist with this endeavour. However, the problem with transferring all of the various FBMs from a character to a clothing item is that it's going to take an awfully long time. What is more, even if you were to create such morphs in your clothing, you'd have a further tedious ordeal tweaking each to match your desired characters shaping (unless you've got Poser 4 where cross-talk problems might actually assist, making this an option worth pursuing). There is however, a very simple way to make a mannequin for use in the Tailor in order to create a 'one-click' FBM that will fit clothing items to a specifically shaped character. It takes just a few seconds to make such a mannequin, and maybe about ten minutes to use it in The Tailor. The trick is to create a mannequin 'prop' for use in The Tailor, rather than using a cr2. The first thing to do is to load a default character with no morph targets in use. Zero the figure (with the joint editor) making sure that all the XYZ translations for both body and hip are also set to zero (the Ytrans for the hip is often not at zero when you load a new character). Export this base character as an object (with the top four options ticked in the export dialogue box). Now shape your character within Poser, using morphs, INJections or magnets as you please. Once you're happy with the results export the character as an object yet again (this time select only "As Morph Target - no world transformations" when exporting). Now you can re-import the first base object (with only "Make polygon normals consistent" checked in the import dialogue), and add a morph target to this object by simply locating the other exported object. Once you've done this, save the prop to the prop library. That's your mannequin done. The Tailor supposedly doesn't handle pp2 files (only cr2s), but you can force the program into opening a pp2 if you enter *.pp2 in the file name box when opening a file. The morph that you've just added to the prop will be visible in The Tailor, and may be used to create a fitting FBM in any clothing item that is compatible with the character you're using. Using a cr2 in The Tailor in a similar way would require that the cr2 contains a FBM of your character's shaping. Unfortunately it isn't possible in Poser to simply select the option (in the Figure Menu) to "Create Full Body Morph" when some of the morphs that are employed might themselves be FBMs. What I need to do in such instances is to select each affected body part, and then "Spawn Morph Target" (in the object menu in Poser). With all newly spawned morph targets set to 1 in a default character, it then becomes possible to create a full body morph so that I may use a cr2 in The Tailor. I usually find it easier and quicker to make a 'prop mannequin' instead, but when fitting simpler items such as a bikini top (which only has a chest part and two collars), this may be a preferable option for some. If your goal is more directed towards tailoring clothing items from one character to another (e.g. to fit V3 clothing to Laura) then you could still make a 'prop' mannequin (by importing one unimesh geometry object, and locating a second unimesh object to be used as a morph target). Such a prop could then be used to 're-shape' clothing in The Tailor from one character shape to another. However, there'll be inevitable problems with joint parameters when attempting to conform clothing to a figure that it wasn't designed for.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 8:13 AM

bookmark, thanks caulbox

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.