Mon, Sep 9, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: P5 Cloth disaster when animating, any helpers?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:11 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 8:36 AM

Ok i have taken the Spycoat for the GIRL (from Daz) and turned it into an object,imported and then parented it to the chest of the Girl (because the main connection area is the chest not the hip) and constrained the Spycoat above the breasts so that they dont pop out. I then created a walk cycle at frame 20 (frame 1 to 10) being the zero pose. the problem is (and this does this all the time no matter what object im clothifying) the cloth simulation stops before the animation is over and it is always at different frames. Why does the cloth room get to a point and then stop? is this a bug with Poser5 and will poser6 fix this?

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:18 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:20 PM

file_210562.txt

Just a thought. cheers, dr geep ;=] Edited to remove all TOP SECRET info and X-Rated words and TOS violations <----- before they get caught. ;=]

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 21:20

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:28 PM

Thanks Geep, i shall give that a try. Is you cloth room Tutorial still around as i missed that one? :)

geep ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:32 PM

file_210563.txt

Hi shedofjoy, You can ... [ CLICK HERE](http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2159309) for the tut. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:55 PM · edited Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:56 PM

I think there might be a couple of things that are causing the problem.

First, you may have too many constrained vertices. Try adding only a few rows at the top of the shoulder to hold them in place. If that doesn't do the trick , then also add one row below the breasts. The more vertices you add to the constrained group, the longer it will take to calculate. So you have to trim those back as much as possible.

Secondly ... does it look as though the cloth is self-intersecting at the frames when the simulation stops?

Thirdly, going by the promo image, it looks as though the model has some detailing that is modeled into it. The cloth room is sort of picky about overlapping faces and polygons, so that may be an issue. If you can post a screen shot of one of the offending frames that could help too.

Message edited on: 03/29/2005 21:56

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 1:33 AM

bookmark

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 8:27 AM

Thanx again for the Tut Geep, that is a big help, the obj vert against poly didn't work and the sim still ends prematurely, so i will now try deecey's adding less verts in the constrained setting, as i think i have about 40 selected....lol..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.