Thu, Sep 19, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: python script to render every nth frame

elenorcoli ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 4:40 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

anyone got any ideas for this? i have markdc batchgen, but it uses a draw all method which i suspect from reading the python methods pdf must render each frame. i use long animations to set up dynamic hair and cloth, but only require ever 10 or 15 frames. any help would be appreciated.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:11 PM

file_210522.jpg

Here's a really basic one that will do the job. It's set to step by 10; if you want 15 or something else, just change the line near the top from STEP=10 to STEP=15 or whatever. This will put the images in the same directory as Poser.exe. Important note: You need to have "Render to new window" turned off before starting this. Also, if you want to have previews instead of renders, change the line scene.Render() to scene.DrawAll()

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:46 PM

FYI, Poser 6 has this option under Animation/Make Movie. Looked but did not see it in earlier versions.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 5:51 PM

Phil, just out of curiosity, does P6 finally allow Python to save New Render? I haven't received the box yet.....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 6:11 PM

you can tell poser6 to save your last render or you last 10 renders if you wish and they are cached and still there for export when you reopen the program

My website

YouTube Channel

elenorcoli ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 6:13 PM

thanks so much guys you are both kings. by the way i am using p5 anyway....just can't afford the new one yet man that is a tiny script

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 6:14 PM

Just in case it's not clear, you need to rename the text file to something.PY before using.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 7:00 PM

What about a python script to take the frames of an animation and reverse them, i.e., in a 10 frame animation, 1 becomes 10, 2 becomes 9, 3 becomes 8, and so forth? Is this the kind of thing that could be done using python? Or is there a script already for such? This would be useful for taking - for instance - talking walk designer walk cycle anims and having the figure walk BACKWARDS. No intention to "deviate the thread", as so often happens around here. Thanks in advance. Larry F

elenorcoli ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 7:44 PM

you all are gonna hate this..... i keep getting a syntax error that points at the saveimage or the ( right after it. i've messed with this thing numerous times... are we sure this script works?

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 9:55 PM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Music/FrameSkip.zip

Answering both: Not sure why the syntax error. Sometimes these attached texts have formatting problems, sometimes a word processor will mess up the formatting. Indentation is important in Python. (Actually there was a more obvious error in the script, which I also fixed; it wasn't changing frames!) I put the FrameSkip.py and a FrameReverse.py for Larry into this ZIP, which should avoid the formatting problems.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

elenorcoli ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 10:01 PM

wow, that was really cool of you thanks!

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 10:03 PM

It's kind of strange to use a ZIP for this purpose, because the ZIP is longer than the files.... but sometimes it's the only way to be sure the package arrives intact!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Larry F ( ) posted Tue, 29 March 2005 at 10:08 PM

Say, ockham, that's tremendously swell of you! (Forgive the syntax - reading Evelyn Waugh lately, LOL)! I'm going to jump on that baby with both feet, which brings up another ---- er, never mind that! Thank you thank you! Larry F

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.