Fri, Sep 20, 10:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Quietly impressed !

tbird10 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 10:46 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

file_212305.jpg

Well, I've had P6 about an hour, had a cup of tea whilst it installed, then literally rendered something 'straight out of the box'. This is the winter queen, with fastscatter added to her head (using the WACRO, nothing changed from the default settings), one of the default lights changed to IBL with AO, and this is the result, a medium quality render. Given that nothing has been tweaked, I'm quietly impressed with the quality 'out of the box'. Now to sit down, read through the manual and have a real play. :-)

zulu9812 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 12:14 PM

that hair looks really great :b

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 1:02 PM

The hair is very nice - unlike that wacky P5 hair with the unnatural bends in it.

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 1:44 PM

Hi tbird10, Thank you for sharing your render and the positive post. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Angel1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 2:17 PM

I echo the Doc's sentiments :-) Happy Reading and Rendering Angel1

....Now Bring Me That Horizon....
Send IM | Gallery

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 2:31 PM

She has a floaty eye. That's kinduh sexy. :)

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 2:33 PM

The transmapped hair in the image is by Kozaburo, IIRC he'd released it long before the P5 release, although in P6, it comes with the white Winter Queen texture. As others noted in a recent thread, strand-based hair really does look better in P6 than it did in P5. Long render times of course, but that's an example of where the area render feature is useful ... you can select small areas of the dynamic hair and see if you've got your settings right, rather than wait a long time only to learn that you need to start again. Very nice pic, tbird. Ain't P6 great? I need to play with SSS more. I think maybe the default settings are a bit too strong. I wish weekends were six days long. :-)

geep ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 3:20 PM

LOL @ LawnDartLawnDart ... but ... I agree ! ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:44 PM
Online Now!

Great job TBird10!! I agree with you totally.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.