Mon, Sep 9, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: UK Boxed Edition Arrived !!!!!! Heres what you get...

StealthWorks ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:17 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 7:40 PM

file_212234.jpg

Hi Just received the boxed edition about 1/2 hour ago (I'm in Northern Ireland). Here are the contents of the pack if any of you are interested. You get a nice fat manual, 3 cds (application, Winter Queen Pack and Shade 7), a handy reference card and lots of ad flyers (including one for a book on Poser 6 "Poser 6 Revealed0 which looks interesting) and a coupon for $10 off a few of the other Curious Labs Applications (Shade, Flash Maker etc.) Just installing now - will let you know how I get on - hopefully it was worth the wait!

Chris ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:32 AM

Lucky You! Greets Chris still waiting

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Nevermore ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:33 AM

I'll be interested to know if you have problems with Poser 6 crashing if you click on various buttons. I can't save anything, can't import my old runtime, the list goes on - seems to just exit if I click buttons to do things. Apart from that it looks really good. Jessi is a really nice looking model.

smooh ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:40 AM · edited Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:42 AM

Yah..
Good for you.. :-)
Im at the southeastern part of the UK.. wonder when i will get mine LOL

Ps.. Any tales of woe? P.P.S Is that book actually available Now? :-)

Message edited on: 03/31/2005 05:42

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 6:49 AM

Hmmm, no manual for Shade? Doesn't Shade normally come with a manual?

StealthWorks ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 6:52 AM

Been playing with this for the past hour and no major problems at the minute. I have come across the dreaded 'not enough memory' issues when rendering though - but I'll accept that CL are trying to fix this at the minute. Not impressed with Jessi at all, don't think there will be many photorealistic renders done with her... As for the book, it says its available now at $25 at the Curious Labs Site? Must go have a look.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 7:38 AM

I got mine this morning too (Yorkshire, England) I'm veeeeeeery impressed with the organisation of the 'foreign' deliveries as I was fully prepared to be waiting for another couple of weeks. Well done Curious Labs and Digital River, it's nice to see that you're finally acknowleging overseas buyers as important (this goes for the new pricing structure too.) ali :) :) :)

My Renderosity Store

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 7:39 AM

Yea a Manual for Shade would have been nice or at lease a booklet....

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:04 AM

Shade LE does not come with a printed manual....even if you buy it. The Shade LE manual is PDF. You have to buy Standard or Pro to get a printed manual.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Ian Porter ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:11 AM

Thanks for posting the contents picture. I hope mine will arrive in the next couple of days, just so long as I don't get one of those 'We tried to deliver a parcel, but you were out' slips. My nearest sorting office is really hard to get to.

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:28 AM

Lucky you, I'm in Southern Ireland and I'm still waiting.....

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:39 AM

You get a nice fat manual There is also a full Tutorial manual in PDF format that gets installed in the Tutorials folder when you install P6.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 8:47 AM

Mine came this morning [Wales] but I was in work so my nice kind neighbour took it off the postman for me, but now he's out so I still haven't got it!! [Crying into beer].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 9:14 AM

He ran away with your Poser 6 Thefixer...lol..

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 9:16 AM

He better not have or I'll get nasty! [lol].

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 9:21 AM

His wife just got home so I've been round to get it, that's me gone for the night!!!! :-0

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

eecir ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 10:27 AM

Mine has arrived today (Scotland) - I had it sent to my work so I'm going in to collect it before they close. The day I take off work is the day Poser arrives there. I only just found out so I'm going to have to pop in before they close for the night.

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 11:00 AM

I'm still waiting for the UPS guy here in US...11:58am...I should have gone oversea for my copy...lol...

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 11:14 AM

Mine has also arrived (North East of England) but I was at work, so I'll have to pick it up from the Royal Mail tomorrow.

Steve

Shadowdancer ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 11:29 AM

I got mine from the postman at 3 P.M. today (East Anglia). Kudos to Curious labs & Digital River - got it instaled & my p5 Runtime Transferred. No problems running so far.

zulu9812 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 12:16 PM

that is one thick manual!

wrpspeed ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 12:31 PM

hopefully the p6 manual is more informative than the p5 (aka doorstop) was.

smooh ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 1:07 PM · edited Thu, 31 March 2005 at 1:11 PM

What delivery service are they they using in the Uk?
Not the royal mail i hope?
LOL

Message edited on: 03/31/2005 13:11

DarrenUK ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 1:56 PM

I got mine this morning too. I live in Kent which is the south east of England. I just used regular Royal Mail for my delivery. Didn't want the package bouncing to and fro to the UPS depot if I was out.

Daz Studio 4.8 and 4.9beta, Blender 2.78, Sketchup, Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev SR5 on Windows 8 Pro x64. Poser Display Units are inches

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 2:03 PM

Yep, Royal mail. Mine came this morning too, but all I've had time to do is make sure it runs and renders the default figure.

Ian Porter ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 2:44 PM

Mine arrived today surprisingly, but I'm too tired to install it now with a 'thinking' head on. So I'll leave it until tomorrow. Hope it rains though, because the lawns need mowing.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 3:38 PM

I got mine today delivered by Omega. only prob is i cannot open my saved files as when i click on open Poser6 quits, and then i have to re-open the bloody thing. Otherwise an execellent bit of software...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

artistheat ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:02 PM

I received my Box 4:30pm over here...US eastern time...I been playing around with it for about a hour now and what I notice I have taken a Giant leap with out a safety net...lol..I went from PP to P6 and Boy do I have a lot to learn now it's going to take me awhile before I understand all of this...But I do love the way it Renders...

-Yggdrasil- ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 7:02 PM

Crashing? Have you updated your video drivers?

ATI -vs- nVidiaIf you're still crashing, try out Poser's SreeD mode.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.