Mon, Sep 9, 6:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Anyone try P6 on Win98SE?

jrsamples ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:31 PM ยท edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:20 PM

Before I go through the trouble of even trying it on my laptop, I'm curious to know if anyone has it working on Windows 98SE. Thanks for the input.

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:51 PM

need 2k/xp/me to use it 98 also has 128mb max ram per app

anxcon ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 5:51 PM

accually not sure about winME, someone said it works tho

gps ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 7:43 PM

P3 800 MHz
512 MB
ATI Radeon 9200

To be honest though I only installed it out of curiosity to see if it would run at all - whether or not it runs well, I can't say. So far I've done a handful of FireFly renders of the default figures, and opened and rendered a P4 .pz3 file - nothing fancy or particularly demanding on system resources.

BonBonish ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 10:53 PM

nghayward ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 12:23 AM

I'm having no problems running on WinME, i'm very happy- was going to upgrade to XP in order to run Poser 6 - Not now! I've taken XP in the spec's to mean there's no support provided for any problems, to make things easier for CL. Nigel

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 7:55 AM

gps ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 12:50 PM

'I've taken XP in the spec's to mean there's no support provided for any problems, to make things easier for CL.'

I think nghayward has hit the nail on the head.

I know of some software that categorically won't run on anything other than XP, but in this case I think it's just a way of CL managing their technical support obligations - not unreasonable IMO.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.