Tue, Sep 24, 1:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: How can i change my nickname?

troubella ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 1:51 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:26 PM

Could anybody tell me how can i change my nickname?
Do i need to sign up again? I want to keep my gallery.
Thank you :)

Birddie ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 1:55 AM

I think you have to resignup to change your screen name. I don't se any options to delete an old account on here. or you could try to ask a mod if they could change it for you?

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 2:01 AM

not possible if you want to keep your gallery intact... sorry :]

Birddie ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 2:06 AM

could always take the gallery down and resign up with a new account then have to repost everything all over again. what happens to all the old accounts? do they disappear or stay even though that person left or changed their name?

troubella ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 2:18 AM

I'll do that. I guess i must delete the images from my gallery and sign up again. I don't think that old accounts disapear... Thanks for the advices :)

Birddie ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 2:26 AM

To play it safe, I'd take down the images and repost them with your new account.

lundqvist ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 6:15 AM

It'd be my guess that your user name forms the primary key for users in the RR DB. If that is the case - and assuming RI is enforced - once you've created an account it couldn't easily be removed (might have forum post refs, gallery uploads and marketplace purchases associated with it, among many other things) and although all of these things could be removed I assume that RR choose not to do so. It is probably safer all around to just abandon your account and start anew. I may be wide of the mark and no slight is intended to RR's system policies in this, I can think of many reasons why they wouldn't want to allow deletion of an account, but is it possible to make an account "inactive" (i.e. incapable of further login) though?

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 10:59 AM

Hi, We can't completely delete an account out of the database but we can inactivate. Please remember that if you delete your images and re upload to a new account, you will lose all comments. Thanks Stacey

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.