Sun, Oct 6, 4:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Need help with Namihei hair

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 6:53 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:36 AM

I can't get it to stick to the figure. When I pose Vicky, the hair floats above her head, other poses it drops down around her neck, and some have it sitting across her face like a bad mustache, LOL The "conform to" option doesn't show Vicky as being an option. I checked "Parent" and there is no "head" option there. How do you get the hair to stick to the figure when it's posed?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 7:10 PM

It's prop hair. It should be automatically parented to Vicky's head, not conformed. It works fine for me. If Vicky's head doesn't show in the hierarchy editor, something is wrong. I would try shutting down Poser, then getting back in.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:24 PM

Ok, thanks. I'll try that. I'm using DNA's Beach Baby texture, would that affect things?

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:28 PM

No, the texture should not affect hair. Make sure you are using the right version of the hair. There are two versions, one for M3 and one for V3.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 01 April 2005 at 8:34 PM

I noticed that. I made sure I picked the one for V3. I'm lost in cooler's site right now looking for his free cigars, but I'll check it all out again and see what happens.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 12:21 AM

If you conform or parent the hair, it will probably do that: float around. But if you load the hair and don't do anything to it, it should follow her movements.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

macdubhgal ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 12:58 AM

I found that I had to select the hair then parent it to Vicky's head to get it to stick with her in ProPack. Hope you get it sorted!

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 1:12 AM

I got it to work after a reboot. I didn't have an option to conform it, and there was no vicky figure in parent either (just the clothing and shoes). I just applied it and it stayed with her this time. It must have been a memory issue. I'm actually having some fun with that April Fool stuff :)

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 1:17 AM

macdlubhgal... use Poser5 and you won't need to parent the hair to Vicky. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 2:39 AM
Site Admin

Also you don't mention if that happens when posing. Some poses are not saved correctly and as a result the hair flies off. After applying the hair from the library and making sure it's parented, go to Object/Lock and it won't be affected by the posing.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 2:48 AM

I think the problem was computer memory. After I rebooted, I reapplied the hair and had no problem with it. I didn't have to do anything to it at all. I'll keep in mind the object/lock though. I'm always looking for tips to make my life easier in Poser :)

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 3:42 AM

Kalypso, I don't know exactly what "Object/Lock" does. Could you explain it please? And in what situations we can use it. Thanks. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 6:30 AM

object lock stops an objects position being changed by a pose or any other motion file like bvh. It is usually used with hair but could be used with objects held in the figures hands etc.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 6:33 AM

Thanks xantor. But what happens if you pose the model and have locked your hair in place? Do the hair stay in the position it was and the model's head is elsewhere? And what is a "bvh"? - Sorry but abbreviations like that in English... ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 7:56 AM

The hair stays locked to the head, if the head moves the hair moves with it (the lock doesn`t fix the object in space but it locks it to the parent). Bvh is a type of animation file like an animated pose that can be used for animating scenes. BVH stands for Biovision hierarchical data.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 7:59 AM
Site Admin

Attached Link: http://www.netherworks-studios.com/

In the case of hair since it's parented to the head it stays on the head and moves with the head but won't come off if a pose is not saved correctly. But the lock function is also useful for many other cases, say for example you have your character posed and want to change the torso, arms, etc but not affect the rest of the body. You just lock certain parts and apply a pose that changes what you want. I have a set of body lock poses that locks various parts which makes it very quick to work with posing. I remember getting it from Netherworks though I'm not sure if it's still there, can't check because the scripts he's using are being blocked by my settings but see if you can find it. It's called Body Lock.

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 8:23 AM

Thanks both of you. I will check at Netherworks.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.