Fri, Sep 20, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: April night shots

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 9:25 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:35 AM

file_213053.JPG

This isn't particularly interesting or even a good photo, but it gives some idea of the exposure times I was playing with if you look at the lights of the cars in both images. I'm guessing I'd be at F8 for 3 to 5 seconds.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 10:24 PM

I like this. Several of us will likely learn something from the exposure info. Night stuff is fairly new to me and avoiding "funny pixels" in long digital exposure is another matter. Where is this image, where is the lovely place? Thanks. TomDart.

greybeard101 ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 10:41 PM

This is a resort hotel on the outskirts of Phoenix Arizona. South Mountain Resort. We stayed there last November. I have several night shots of the hotel complex that I took while everyone else was watching "American Idol" or something. I just walked the grounds with my tri-pod and played around with fountains and whatever...basically so that I could come back with vacation snapshots that were more than just sun and cactus. I don't want to hog the discussion board with a bunch of night shots from the same place...is that poor group etiquete or even outside the purpose of the forum? Anyone?

Tedz ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2005 at 10:41 PM

Looking like Dancers without Bodies...yep...a Learning experience.

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 12:49 AM

interesting trails going by... makes me want to get out & shoot some night shots!!... hmmm maybe i could strap a flashlight on the dog & have her run across the yard :] (poor etiquette? guess that would depend on how much "a bunch" is to you :)

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 1:32 AM

file_213055.JPG

Added....

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 3:26 AM

totally cool!!! love the car trail!!!! etiquette? sorry, peter, i don't know much about that. i certainly would be interested in seeing more of your nightshots!!!! these were fantastic!!! i'd say you got your numbers about right! i would have guessed the same!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 03 April 2005 at 5:07 PM

LOL@Cyn!! I love these 2 giants columns there! Looks like some alien worms or something! A very interesting shot!

coolj001 ( ) posted Mon, 04 April 2005 at 4:03 AM

That's very cool work. I like the motion...-Peace/Jeff :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.