Sat, Sep 21, 6:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Introducing Osian, the goblin hunter

Carmelo ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 3:38 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:34 AM

Attached Link: Here is Osian.

file_143511.jpg

I have finally ended Osian. You can find it at BBay. Its a Poser 4 character with severall poseable parts (hair, vest and belt). The bow and quiver are morphable props. Texture maps and some poses are included. The face has up to 26 morph targets: The standars and some more to change the nose or the ears. I wish you find it interesting. Thank you

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 4:17 AM

Cool. Is this the one made in Nendo?

martial ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 4:21 AM

Very nice character.I 'll take a look at bbay

Carmelo ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 5:40 AM

Yes, I use Nendo as basic modelling tool and Cinema 4D to "cut" the mesh, retouching and to define the hierachy for Poser. Cinema 4DXL v6.0 has hypernurbs. They are great to build morph targets over a low polygon base. Cinema 4DXL is cheaper than Max or Ligthwave and I recommended it. Thank you. (Really I want to explain some tips but my English is quite crude)

praxis22 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 7:40 AM

Not bad, but being an archer, I can tell you that the pose where the bow is being drawn back is next to impossible. Because even with an arrow rest, the arrow is likely to fall off the moment you "loose" it. He could of course be clutching the end of the shaft with his fingers of his bow arm, but he'd either slice them up, or strip the fletching from the arrow when he came to loose it depending on what the fletchings were made of. Having scuffed my fingers on "flex fletch" in the past I can tell you it hurts a lot, and you feel really stupid :) Nice model though :) later jb

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 7:41 AM

Damn that goblin is sweet! The props are some of the best I've seen too (bow, quiver & belt). As soon as I save up the $59, I'm going to snag it!

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 7:42 AM

Praxis... you're right... the bow should be leaning the other way!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 11:51 AM

Very nice character!

TBKoen ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 3:10 PM

WOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! This must be the greatest character EVER!!! Man, you're gonna be rich;P

ar2g ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 4:04 PM

Well I just bought him. He'd better Play nice with my FAes

darhorn ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2001 at 5:28 PM

I agree, I just got him and he is great! now we just need a bunch more characters like him :) Darrin

nitreug ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 1:25 AM

I bought many items yesterday at BBAY and was looking at him...BUT...is he really good enough to pay this price? As he is a very specific character, my question is $59 comparing to Michael or Victoria for the same price, i am not too sure it is a the right bought. Can someone who bought him tell me if he is enough versatile as Michael or Victoria?

ar2g ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 8:54 AM

Truthfully He is great! One of the best characters i've bought. But I also bought Mike and Viki and would definately choose one of them over Osian simply because there's much more you can do with them. They are foundation characters where Osian is one character. If you have the money or want him for a specific project he's definately awesome and well worth the 60 bucks.

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 1:53 PM

nitreug, ar2g: Most other mesh houses charge in the neighborhood of $150-$300 for this kind of figure with conforming clothing. Zygote's cutting us a sweet deal on Vicky and Michael, and we need to A) be grateful and B) recognize that this isn't the average market price for scratchbuilt mesh characters. Just some food for thought.

ar2g ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 7:26 PM

I understand that and in no way am I complaining about 60 bucks for any of them. All very much worth it in my opinion. I was just giving nitreug an honest answer. Yes they're all worth it but if he only has 60 to spend he might get more use out of base figures like Mike or victoria. Osian is great and I'm very happy with him, but he's not a generic character in that he can't be changed from here to eternity for any wild hair i get :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.