Fri, Sep 20, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Apr Challenge... Night by the Pool

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 6:38 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:55 AM

file_215398.jpg

thumb

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 6:44 PM · edited Tue, 05 April 2005 at 6:49 PM

file_215399.jpg

my daughter & her bf came over for dinner last night, wanted to get them out by the pool... it was dark out here :]

tripod used, F2.0, 1 sec, smoothed, curves

Message edited on: 04/05/2005 18:49

cryptojoe ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 7:06 PM

Lovely shot!

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

lak ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 7:23 PM

oh i love that turquoise light effect from the pool..really nice!

CDBrugg ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 7:30 PM

v nice - excellent compo

Charles

ryno ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 7:38 PM

Wow I am so jealous. I want to be where it's warm in April. This reminds me of all the good times I had in San Diego. Superb night shot and compo conveying the openness of the outdoors. Looks like your little girl has found herself a real hunk. Hope he is a good guy an you approve:}

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 8:14 PM

Oh I love this Cyn! That blue light is so god damn cool!!! Fantastic night shot!!! Fab entry, u rock yep!

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:05 PM

Wonderful shot Cyn, they look as aliens beside their ship. Love that light!!

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:10 PM

file_215401.jpg

Just a perfect mood.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:11 PM · edited Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:15 PM

file_215403.jpg

night falls with the last breath of light... (not an entry) & another... a little earlier...

thanks guys!! :]xo
& yes, he's alright, as long as she's happy

Message edited on: 04/05/2005 22:15

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:15 PM

And another fine shot!! And yes, as long as she's happy, that's what matters! ;)

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:28 PM

oh TY again pascale... a little simple, just adding to the mood... will make a point of staying out late one night this month in town to get some different ones... if i don't think of something else by then :] think, think, think...

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:31 PM

Lol!! U want to go to town and I'm dreaming of country side!!! Life sucks sometimes! :(

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:32 PM

file_215407.jpg

Oh..lovely shot! I must try my new cam at night or sunset. This is the last sunset of last year (dec 31) shot with my Ixus

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:44 PM

Oh Gun this is so beautiful!! I love the fog! It adds such a fantastic atmosphere!!

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 10:57 PM

lovely golden light & fog Gun! yes... do try the monthly challenge this month... Night you can check it out at the link at the top of the page :]

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:03 PM

Thanks, yes the fog is the photographers friend. I went out that afternoon to follow the last sun of the year and got a nice series of shots.

gunsan ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:07 PM

I will look it up and read Cyn, and maybe I can get something. Have to read the manual....hmmm...not my cup of tea.

Zacko ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:30 PM

YOU HAVE A POOL TOO???? Now i envy you even more...sigh...gorgeous shot by the way. Love that subtle light casted on the two of them. Great entry!!!! The second one was also beautiful!!!! And Gun....VACKERT!!!!

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

ebsmooth ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2005 at 11:43 PM

the glow off the water in the first image is fantastic, like a jewel in the night. the second image has an amazing reflection and mood to it!!! very well done on both!!!

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 3:02 AM

Like a couple of Love Toads by the Pool...turned out just fine ...ribet

greybeard101 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 3:07 AM

Couldn't get the flashlight on the dog eh.... ;-) I think Cocoa in the barn by lamplight might be a warm image..unless it's past her bedtime. That excellent portrait you did of her recently could almost be a night shot with it's indoor lighting effect. A pool huh.....must be nice......

Onslow ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 5:06 AM

Nice pic - great composition and use of the available light.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

tvernuccio ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:39 AM

verrrrrrry nice, Cindy!!!!!! romantic and perfectly composed! Your second one is beautiful too!!! Cindy, have you thought about taking some pics out by the barn or in the barn? i would love to see pics of your place at night!!! i love country scenes!!!! just turn on your headlights and there ya go!!!!!! :) bet your place is soooooo beautiful!!!!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:41 AM

Great addition to the challenge cyn!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:56 AM

thanks again :] ribet! & TY Peter & Sheila for the ideas! I will definately try those... wonder when the full moon is this month???

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 1:33 PM

Attached Link: Moon Calendar

The 21st I believe. The 22nd will be pretty full too.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 3:09 PM

thanks kort... apreciate the info & link!! (think i should know that being the THC's PDA ;) if i don't go crazy when the moon is full i'll definately try some more then too!! oooooooh... coooooooows by moooooonlight! moooo!

coolj001 ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 9:17 PM

Nice shot. Very cool by the pool. -Peace :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.