Fri, Sep 20, 7:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser 6 -Problem with figures

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 2:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:27 AM

Why is it that when I load a figure - any figure. It disappears when a move the mouse over certain parts?

I've not really had any other problems....apart from rendering seem to take forever. And I didn't get a serial No for Shade 7 - I've emailed CL about this, but they've not come back to me as yet.

Message edited on: 04/06/2005 14:28

DarkSkills ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 2:46 PM · edited Wed, 06 April 2005 at 2:47 PM

I was having the same problem of the disapearing figures at first. I had my Open GL settings cranked to maximum for quality, but when I lowered the settings to 'balanced' the problem went away.

Message edited on: 04/06/2005 14:47

Stay Focused.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 3:50 PM

Thanks Darkskills That brings me on to another problem that I seem to be having - but relates to my ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card. I try to select the OpenGL option with in the control panel - I click apply & ok, but when I go it's gone back to Direct 3D. I'm really confused as I know it supports OpenGL - any ideas?

thefixer ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 4:18 PM

My Radeon X600 does that also. My understanding of it [could be wrong] is that it will use direct 3D unless the particular application asks for OpenGL. this would seem to be the case as the "preview" render and "texture shaded" in P6 look almost like rendered and OpenGL is set for that, so I think it's right [but I could be wrong]. thefixer poser coordinator

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 4:50 PM

Thanks if thats the case - I have tried lowering the quality setting on Direct 3D to balanced as suggested by DarkSkill. But it hasn't resolved my problem - what happens is when I move the mouse pointer over the figure it keeps flickering & the figure disappears - just showing the outline - or sometimes the figure totally disappear - soon comes back once I move the mouse slightly.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:55 AM

Try turning down your hardware acceleration a notch or two, that may help and CL are recommending that at the moment because of the memory bug that is so evident! thefixer poser coordinator

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:08 PM

Thanks - all sorted

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.