Tue, Oct 22, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:26 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Just some Enterprise renders.

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 7:32 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 12:09 AM

file_215750.jpg

More minor tweaks to the model.

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 7:33 PM

file_215752.jpg

-Kix

-Kix

bluetone ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:03 PM

Looks great Kix!

ominousplay ( ) posted Wed, 06 April 2005 at 10:30 PM

Looks very good. The windows / lights look great. Nice and clean.

Never Give Up!

sfdex ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:17 AM

Awesome, Kix! The second post is in the same position as one of the early NBC publicitiy stills from the 60's. The only thing that's missing in your image is the string that was holding the ship up! (They'd tied it to the dish on the secondary hull and strung it up past the front of the primary hull; the nacelles also had strings visible, tied to the "intercoolers.") Thanks for the memories! - Dex

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:28 AM

Thats some really nice eowkr, any chance you could post the model file? Im working on a render with a klingon ship and the Enterprise in a fight, and it could save me some time doing the Enterprise. Im currently having some porblems with the skinning on the primary hull. I'de like to see how you did it.

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:56 PM

1.) I edited out the strings (haha)! 2.) The primary hull (saucer section) is a trivial spline object with a circle run through a symmetrical extrusion envelope. The secondary hull is a whole different matter. I had several version built (some of them starting in Raydream!). All the Carrara version were started as spline objects and then booleaned with vertex work. I NEVER got that to work well. My final solution was Amapi. The results are obvious. I wanted this particular model bad enough to get the pro version of Amapi 7. I never could get a model in Carrara to really, truly work out. The thing is a real mess to do. Lots of curves and weird edges. I also have a fully constructed shuttle bay with shuttle inside. That didn't make it any easier. -Kix

-Kix

Nod ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:58 PM

Wonderful. Now let's see the shuttle bay. :)

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 4:01 PM

Now you know why I usually do all the basic modeling in RDS. I dont like the Carrara modeler. lol.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.