Mon, Sep 9, 8:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Poser 6 Content Updater available

beachnut ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:11 AM · edited Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:11 AM

Hey, I'm on Roadrunner at home which is lightning fast and CP crawls on my computer. I was actually looking forward to having a lot of cool merchants all in in one spot and when I tried browsing it, it was pure hell. I gave up trying. Not only that, the interface stinks.

Do I "really'" need this update?

Message edited on: 04/07/2005 09:11

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:23 AM

Connatic Just get "Getright" or some other download manager and let it DL overnight. If it times out you can resume. I used to download HUGE PC game mods and stuff in the Hundreds of megs, back in the dark days when I was on dialup.(shudder)

Nalif ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:41 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_215805.jpg

Downloaded my update quickly without any problems. Weird :- However, I've noticed something in the content that doesn't seem to have been fixed. Wasn't there some kind of bug where Jessie's eyes were always rendered black/very dark? Someone told me it was, and for the life of me I haven't been able to make a decent render of her with her eyes looking bright without changing the materials manually. I made a post about it a while back, and someone said this was a confirmed bug with Jessie and P6. Here's a pic to illustrate. No postwork or anything, so I didn't accidentally dim them myself :( Guess I'll mark the nudity tag just incase.....

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:51 AM

I already have GetRight. I am trying to get the file with it, but nothing is happening. I hope they will work with me to resolve this. Sadly, I live in a rural area with no cable or dsl access. DirectWay is the only other alternative, and is beyond my budget at the moment.

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:53 AM

So, Just change the mats and resave her :) Could be that some of these "well known" problems never actually get reported. ^_-

Nalif ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:56 AM

"So, Just change the mats and resave her :)" I may do that, still....kinda pesters me that I have to change the diffuse value from 1 to sometimes 1.5 or even 2. It may just be my lighting, but I know other people were having the same problem, and I still seem to be.

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:59 AM

"Sadly, I live in a rural area with no cable or dsl access. DirectWay is the only other alternative, and is beyond my budget at the moment." I feel your pain. :(

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:03 AM

Hell yah, I been waitng for this thing a long time. Tahnks mate. Whats in the new update. Any new fictures that I need to know about. Does it fix the memory problem. Does it add more content.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:08 AM

I am VERY concerned that I will be required to download SR1! My connect throughputs at 1.5-2kb/sec! I did not realize that a service release was already planned when I made my pre-purchase. I understood the pre-purchase was intended to leverage funds for the launch but I thought the wait would mean there would be no need (soon at least) for an update. With apps this big it is a strange assumption everyone has broadband. No high speed is a vailable in my geographic location.

zulu9812 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:11 AM

how big is the update?

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:11 AM

Luck is with me! GetRight has begun the Updater download. Hopefully it will resume when the inevitable boot-off of service occurs!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:15 AM

how big is the update? 25.1MB

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:16 AM

getright is no use for people with copper wire dial-up modem connections. Much software I can't buy because no matter how many times I try a 80-100Mb download in craps out on error about 5-6 hours in... and don't blame me! I should move to use the internet? Maybe it would be more considerate of companies to "split" their downloads like they used to. Lord knows I wish I could install only those Poser components I want... since it is clear the code is modular work done by different teams and even companies, why can't that modularity br incrporated in the end application, a plugin-structure maybe.

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:36 AM

Can't seem to download the update at all: says my serial number isn't valid. Valid enough when I registered Poser 6 ... Actually created an account thinking that would make a difference. Don't know what to make of it. Rance

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:44 AM

It's always fun to come back in here after 10-12 hours away. Catch up on what's happened to the threads overnight.

No, I didn't really care for having to register at CP in order to obtain the updater -- but I think that I understand CL's reasons for doing it that way. So, I'll give them a pass. They've got a business to run. And sometimes it's a balancing act between pleasing the customers and keeping tabs on legit copies of the program.

Once again -- content updates are nice, and we should all thank Curious Labs for providing one in a timely manner.

But that !!!!!!! memory bug -- that's the sort of thing that keeps the program from being what it ought to be. Content is great: functionality is crucial.

No doubt, Curious Labs is working on the problem. And we'll see a fix soon.

Thanks to the entire CL team for all of their hard work. I appreciate it.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:47 AM

I know that it's hard to be heard above all of this clamor. Like attempting to talk in a normal tone of voice while at a football game. But thanks, CL. Over time, you are getting the job done.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:15 AM

Hey momodot - GetRight works fine for THIS copper-wire 19.2k connection! We slow dial-up users are who GR was made for, with the ability to resume (some) downloads. I got the P6 content updater downloading thru GR. I am hoping it will resume. Some links will not resume, depending on the hosted server settings. My dl is 30% complete. Hours to go.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:48 PM

Connatic, this is a huge help. I was using FlashGet not GetRight! FlashGet had been the least sucky of the downloaders I found. I am testing GetRight this moment and it seems amazing! And only $25USD! I have much more faith now :)

Connatic ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 1:50 PM

momodot, I am glad this has helped you. I am very happy that CL has set up the links so GetRight can be used! I have been downloading the updater for hours, and have resumed 3 times already. I was really worried about being able to get these updater files. Now at 82%. It took me an hour just to navigate thru and join CP. Renderosity pages load much faster.

Indoda ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:01 PM

Hello . . . I downloaded this update, not off to a good start, could not find Poser 6 which is in the default directory. Didn't install anything that I can find just seemed to terminate for some reason. Anyone else had that happe? WinXP Home, P6 D/l version.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

akura_ ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:14 PM

Ok, this is pissing me off, how come, every time I check go to checkout, it deletes every thing in my cart.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 4:38 PM

Well, I'm underwhelmed at having to "purchase" the update through CP. Asking people to jump through the CP hoops to get bonus freebies (or free bees, as the case may be) is one thing. Making them to do all that for an update - a fix to things that was broke - is something else again. This should have been put on the CL site, with the other SRs. Even finding the @#$% updater was a pain. (I finally searched on updater to find it.) There's the whole put in serial, put in cart, purchase cart rigamarole. Arrrrghhhh. And the missing P5 figures are still missing...

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:20 PM

"And the missing P5 figures are still missing." Really? I never noticed. I still have P5/P4 installed. I like to make sure everything I make works on all versions. So, that also means there will be a need for an SR for the just released SR? What scares me, who bought the box version, the size of the program SR will be and having to DL it on a dialup. I think a disk should be sent to us, free of shipping and handeling and able to DL, too while waiting for the disk.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:31 PM

It is not funny how well this Getright works. Totaly must have this for dial-up. Great design. And it is one of those shareware apps that basically uses the honor system for payment as far as I can tell... "use now, pay when you can". It is smart design and very easy and powerful.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:37 PM

Will all Poser6 updates only be hidden in content paradise?, after all i would not have known about this one if it wasn't for the post, and thankyou for that. let's hope that the updates remain at curious labs website.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 5:43 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_215807.jpg

There are still some clothing/morph problems but they may just be me. Bra Lace doesn't load Jessie's FBM are set way to high, if I manually set the morphs then they work great but if I use the body dials then all heck breaks loose :) The abs are not inlucluded in the "fat" morph. I find that a .5 on manual morphs looks about right but 1 on the FBM is too strong. If I load Jessi ( not the fbm version ) and load the morphs then I get this ( see image )

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 6:00 PM

Bra Lace doesn't load

It's the object file. Later, I'm going to see if I can substitute one of the existing geometries.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 6:07 PM

Ye gods, that's ugly. In a kind of fascinating way... I still have Poser 5 installed, too, but some people never bought P5. They were looking forward to playing with Judy, Don, Will, and Penny. But Will and Penny aren't there, and Judy is there only in her fully clothed incarnation.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 6:56 PM

That wonderful collection of P5 clothing for the children isn't included, either. I realize they won't fit Ben and Kate anyway (they're older than Will and Penny), but some of us are fairly skilled at adapting clothes to other figures, and markdc's Clothes Converter utility can do some great stuff also.

slinger ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 7:23 PM

I already had an account set up at Content Paradise. I logged in via my web browser (Firefox) rather than using the connection in Poser. The updater was listed on the front page, where it says "Poser 6 content updater 1 is available now!" Clicked on it. Gave my serial. Viewed my cart. Went to the checkout. Confirmed the order. Downloaded it. No hiccups, no catastrophes, no problemo. Gawsh, I feel so special after reading some of the posts in this thread ;) Like casette said earlier in this thread, most all of the sites you use these days reqire a sign-up, and the procedure ain't exactly rocket science, neither is downloading a "purchase"...BUT, I do agree, if the product was purchased from CL then the update should be available from CL. BUT (Two big buts in one post???)...with all the same security constraints. We bitch often enough about people getting warez version of software, so using only a valid serial to get updates seems like a damn fine idea to me.

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

Char ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 8:23 PM

Does this update fix the missing Zygote materials?

Char ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:51 PM

Well, I just installed the update and no it did not fix the problem with the Zygote mats. Is anyone else having a problem with them or is it just me?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.