Thu, Sep 19, 7:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Square Spots (shadows)?

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:49 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 7:49 PM

file_215921.jpg

I purchased, 3d-Worlds Core Kit for my poser 5, way before P6 was told. And did do ok, no problems. Now that I have P6, I am encountering problems with the kit. No matter what light I use, I get these square black spots on my terrain. I am now clueless what it could be. Here (Image) I am using IBL AO. But even when I use Infinite, Point....the results are the same.

Likos ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:08 AM

try this, with the terrain selected click on the grouper tool. then select create perspective uv's. see if that helps

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:16 AM

file_215922.jpg

Nope, didn't help. This is top view. You know, that product needs to be updated, or looked at. I only used it once, and now that I have P6. This is what I get. I will have to do something.

Melen ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:28 AM

I get something similar occasionally, just not as pronounced as you have here. It's something to do with AO. Just to test, shut AO off on the IBL light and see if you still get them.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:29 AM

I did turn em off, also just using other light I get em.

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:31 AM

When I get weird unexplained spots like that the first thing I've checked for is that 'reuse shadow maps' is not selected. I puzzled over this for some time before catching on :-)
It doesn't really look like that's the cause of your problem, but worth checking anyway.

Steve

geep ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:50 AM

NaySayGuy sez:
"Dat look jus lahk ma secret code thing-a-ma-bob thingie." "But, Ah dun't knew whot it say."

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 12:43 PM

Wondering if it is a mesh problem.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:19 PM
Forum Moderator

It looks like the mesh is doubled where the black spots 'o death are. (Two poloygons on the same set of vertexes) Sometimes you can fix this by adding a simple color node to the displacement for the material and setting the displacement value very low, like 0.001 It amy also have to do with the crease angle settings. Set the crease angle to 180 (The old default) for the effected prop and see if it helps. Nerd3D

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:30 PM

If it was doubled polys, wouldn't it be a problem in P5, too? He said it worked fine in P5.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:38 PM

Looks to me like a texture on the Ground Plane. Check the material room to see if you can find anything.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 3:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Yeah, you'd think but they sure look like P6 BSOD's. They look a little different in P6 because of the crease angle stuff.

Magix-101 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 7:51 PM

Hi Robo Hmmm I actually did a lot of testing with the World Kit in Poser 6...and actually I got it to work better than in Poser 5. I never encountered spots like that tho, they look like they are on the second layer of texture maps. There are 3 maps..one in the centre for detail, one just out from it (less detail), and one right on the outside. Those spots are on the less detailed map (the second) try disabling the texture...and see if they are still there...alternatively try enabling poly smoothing...you can email me with the results. As far as updating it, Yes there will be updates for Poser 6, they will be major updates tho, so I cant deleiver them immediately...all this takes time. My Poser 6 beta is also no longer working (it was time coded) so they are apparently sending me a release version...when I get that i will start looking at the kit. Cheers Harvey mann

Magix-101 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 7:59 PM

Robo Actually I was looking again and it appears to be on the inner section too. I used that kit extensively while testing Poser 6 and was generally very happy with how it worked, nothing like this. First thing is turn of the ground textures, have you maybe enabled 2 ground meshes? if they are sitting alongside each other that may create this kind of problem. If not...pull everything out of the scene...use one light only, and one ground, set the renderer to Poser 4 with all 5 options enabled and render...start from there and let me know. Cheers Harvey Mann

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:28 PM

Figured it out. When ever I have AO checked or shadows. I will get that. Used one IBL. Only happens on one prop "Ground Subdivide" from the kit. Others props from the kit are ok with AO or shadows checked.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:42 PM
Forum Moderator

D'oh! Try turning the ground plane Off. Betch that fixes it. The prop ground is probably laying right on top of the P6 ground plane, causing the same effect as doubled polygons. Nerd3D

Robo2010 ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 9:55 PM

I did try that "Turn off ground plane". The square dots still show.

nerd ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:26 PM
Forum Moderator

Dang! OK, try this. Select the terrain prop and open the grouping tool. Create a new group and "add all". Click weld group and OK. Nerd3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.