Fri, Sep 20, 11:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Memory Bug Advice From CL (not that much help)

ignition ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:05 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Inquired at CL about memory issue and any advice they could give. This was the reply until they can sort out an update: ------------------------------------------------------------ At this time there is not much you can do to avoid the problem. What I can suggest is to make sure you are not running any other applications in the backround, as to free up as much memory as possible. Next, go to the general preferences and set the flag for file type to be pzz. Save your work out in revisions to avoid having to start from scratch. Finially every so often exit poser and restart it to free up memory. I hope this helps! Jason Brody-Stewart Technical Support Curious Labs ------------------------------------------------------------ I realize this is not a great comfort to any of us. I guess we need to be a little patient for now. As frustrating as it may be, there is probably nothing to gain from getting all bent out of shape. Hopefully the problems will be fixed in the next few weeks. - Dave B

CorwinRathe ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:36 PM

I have 2 gig of RAM and it still has a problem with memory.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 10:57 PM

The problem is glaring...and that is a good thing. It renders the release unusable, even if it is adorable! This means it will be fixed very soon. We should all just read the manual and study IBL/HDRI/AO and other stuff in the meantime. At least that is what I'm doing. Also, I am recording audio for animations. ::::: Opera :::::

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 April 2005 at 11:32 PM

This means it will be fixed very soon.

That sounds good to me.

It renders the release unusable

Pretty much true. Except for fairly basic stuff.

But please note: what P6 does, it does very - VERY - well.

I'll keep playing around with simple scenes.

And building complex scenes for render sometime in the near future.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 12:22 AM · edited Fri, 08 April 2005 at 12:22 AM

"Except for fairly basic stuff."

Yeah, that's why I've been doing little more than potraits and single-figure renders with it so far. Can't wait to try out more complex scenes. :-) Message edited on: 04/08/2005 00:22

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Boreth ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 2:17 AM

Once again we believed horstrader CL that this time they wouldn't sell us a lame racehorse and once again we got suckered into buying the shiniest horse in all the stables on the e-frontier. Ofcourse we all admire the brand new saddle and the new blanket, we even got a pair of ShadeLEE mini spurs, sad fact remains it's a great horse to take for walk, but it doesn't run very far.

Kristta ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 3:58 AM

I haven't run into the memory bug yet. I guess my art tastes lean towards less complex images.

hpdrag ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 4:36 AM

It seems that the 'Keep textures Loaded'-feature dramatically increases the memory problem. I have rendered the same scene immediately after the Poser start; one time with and one time without this feature. Without it everything worked fine, with it Poser had 'forgotten' a lot of objects when i changed back to the Preview window and i had to quit Poser before i could continue to work. Has anyone made the same experience?

CorwinRathe ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 6:22 AM

I've noticed that dropping your texture size option donw to 1024 fixs it most times. But not always.

maldowns ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 8:43 AM

yeah-lame racehorses usually get put down dont they? i guess we have to be patient for a service release from curious labs- i trust they are working hard on it-they should know by now that us poser users are hard core addicted to our poser and can be like wolves at feeding time when it comes to our beloved software!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 11:03 AM

yeah-lame racehorses usually get put down dont they?

I fully believe that this racehorse will recover.

He'll run. And better than any horse ever has before.

After he's had some time to heal.

SR1.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 08 April 2005 at 7:35 PM

It's funny, because you have to do many of those things even on Poser 4! Having to close the program and reboot it just to clear the memory is a pain in the butt. Why can't CL just come out with a "Zap The Pram" type feature? bB

Rubbermatt ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 5:04 PM

" It's funny, because you have to do many of those things even on Poser 4" That's because this particular bug is inherited from Poser 3 But what do you expect from Cargo Cult programming

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.