Fri, Oct 4, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser 6 walk designer.

Kenmac ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 8:48 PM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 12:18 PM

I don't know if many people will be using the walk designer in Poser 6 or not (I like doing animations so I use it frequently) but I just thought I'd tell you about something I tried. Bear in mind this was done around 1:30 A.M. and I probably should have tried this earlier in the evening. When I first got Poser 6 installed one of the things I did was to add the Poser 4 and 5 poses to the P6 runtime. Now, I have a LOT of poses in those 2 programs so this has a bearing on what happened around 1:30 A.M. It was around that time that I wanted to try out the walk designer to see how it works with James and Jessie. So I went and opened it up and waited....and waited....after 10 minutes of waiting I got fed up and closed Poser 6. I thought it may have to do with memory issues so I restarted the program and tried opening the walk designer again. Once again, after 10 minutes of waiting it still didn't open. That's when the lightbulb went on. It was the poses that were added to the runtime that was slowing things down so I deleted them from the runtime and re-opened the walk designer which showed up on screen in a matter of seconds. Just one of those things I thought people should be aware of. I wouldn't technically call this a bug because as I said earlier I do have a lot of poses. Just something to keep in mind if you're going to use the walk designer.

nerd ( ) posted Sun, 10 April 2005 at 9:15 PM
Forum Moderator

Download the content update. I believe this was fixed with that. It's caused because Don for Walk Designer is messed up. If the content does not get it. Load Don for walk Designer, white it out, making sure all the texture maps are removed and save it back to the library. Nerd3D

kyraia ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 10:28 AM

was to add the Poser 4 and 5 poses to the P6 runtime Maybe you should have added the complete runtime as such. Poser 5 and 6 can manage multiple runtimes, see manual page 85. (They have 2 runtimes from the beginning, one is named "Downloads".)

nerd ( ) posted Mon, 11 April 2005 at 12:17 PM
Forum Moderator

True, and if the WalkDesigner pose folder was over written you will need to reinstall P6. The adding the P4 walk files to the WD folder will cause all sorts of trouble. Because P6 (and P5) use compressed files they have a different extension. This means there will be 2 copies of many of the blends. One with the PZ2 extension and one with a PZZ extension. Walk desiger will not run like this. Open an Windows explorer and move the WalkDesigner pose folder to a backup location, reinstall, repatch, then carefully move only the blends with unique names back into the real WD folder. Nerd3D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.