Wed, Sep 25, 5:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: Hiro or Posermatic's A3M3?

almeidap ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 4:28 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:39 AM

I went out and purchase Hiro on the first day but when I compare him to Posermatic's A3M3...well he doesn't stack up well, sure he has the body morphs...but Posermatic's can be used with M3 Stuff...which makes it definately worth the buck, the only advantage I see with Hiro is hair...I personally don't like mucking with x,y, and z for hair scales but it's worth it, especially considering Hiro's price and the cost of clothes. If you're like me, at one time I was gobbling up all the M3 and V3 stuff I could find, hurt my wallet and then I started playing with Koshini, then alexa, then anime doll and it was just money down the drain. With Posermatic's A3M3 my buck was restored and then once I did the head morph thing with V3...BOW more money back in my pocket. The Hiro David would be cool if 1) i had a ton of David stuff 2) if there was a ton of David stuff Anyone else agree/disagree! ALL HAIL POSERMATIC!!!! almeidap

udhal ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 7:14 PM

I will not hail Posermatic, but certainly don't understand all the hoopla about Hiro. I have read over at DAZ and here about people saying " thank god we have a male anime character at last". Come on! and the early versions of the Animedoll-male, the Khrys David-Aiko3 conversion and of course the Aiko3M3 that has been around for half a year! Something else that want to add is that he looks like a Aiko head over David's body, he looks kind of feminine in almost all renders. And spending $20.00 on him plus extras...oh but I could have a double discount if I'm at the PC!! What a bargain!!...Well not much because I have to spend $100.00 to get in there, so forget it I will not buy Hiro.

Sarte ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 7:26 PM

I use the Male AD in my renders. Why the hell didn't more people support the figure?

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

JDexter ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 8:48 PM

I prefer the look of Hajime, the injection morph for Dodger's Ayumi figure at PPros. Just my 2c. JDexter

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 8:50 PM

Not forgetting Maya Dude...

udhal ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 9:24 PM

The only thing that I saw here for the male Animedoll it's the set of ken1171 in about 2 years. Yes, all Male figures lack support. Why? Not a clear answer.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 9:53 PM

I like the look of Hiro. I bought him. He looks just right to my eye - sort of feminine (anime males are supposed to look that way) but not too girly, as many of the other anime male figures are (being just morphs of a female figure).

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 10:32 PM

I bought Hiro and I like him. Of course I am a PC member and I got him while he was on sale and I had a $5 voucher so he cost me only $3.37. I don't think I could get as good a character for that price anywhere else. I know there aren't many clothes for him, for David or M3... a little more for M2 and a lot for Dork on some websites. But I use M3 clothes on Hiro too and he can take body and head textures for D3, M3 and V3 (and maybe others). If you morph him to be a little more "real", he still looks like an anime boy but less feminine. I don't know what or who is Posermatic's A3M3 and I don't have anime doll. I don't use anime characters that much and I don't want to pay for anime doll when I have Maya Doll for free. I don't like Maya Dude and anyway, there is nothing for him either. Like you said, there isn't much for Poser men compared to women.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

almeidap ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2005 at 11:21 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=33463

Francemi you don't know Posematic's A3M3? Check the link, I used the male dude for animedoll but ended up using my own mix or animedoll and mike 2. Had Hiro came out the same time as Aiko...then he would have been great, but for the price and not much to offer, it's one of the few buys I actually regret this year. Now if I could get an Aiko head on Freak....!!!

QSabot ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 3:43 AM

"Hiro" was about the only thing (programs included! DAZ|Studio, Terragen, Anim8or...) of my 3D-art stuff I spent any money on. The advantage in the purchase (as opposed to the free base-characters M3-V3-A3) is the morphs. So far, I would say that "Hiro" is about the best stand-alone adolescent-male figure out there (but that's not saying much). The reason there's so few of them is because most of the guys who make things for Poser are straight guys who'd rather twiddle around with the ladies. Or has no one noticed how difficult it is to find lady-like clothing for Miss Vicki?

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 9:07 AM

Thanks for showing him to me. I prefer Hiro because I don't really do anime. I prefer something in the middle between anime and real like Sara by Dark Whisper. And a morphed Hiro is just what is needed for Sara to have a boyfriend. And he takes all unimesh textures. wears all David's clothes and M3 clothes with just a little scaling and most of all, he cost me $3.37 ;o) I would not pay $20.97 which is the sale price for Hiro now for an anime character.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Moonbiter ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 1:24 PM · edited Thu, 14 April 2005 at 1:25 PM

I have both and I'm sticking with the diversity. A3M3 is great for using M3 clothes with a small amount of work. Hiro is great especially when I turn the realist morph up a bit.

Really it all comes down to what each person likes and no sense knocking the other model if you don't want to use it.

Message edited on: 04/14/2005 13:25

almeidap ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 6:34 PM

Wasn't knocking it, just disappointed slightly in it, the morphs will keep me playing with him but until more clothes come out he won't be posted for a bit. I just wanted a "feel" of what everyone else thought. Now I'm going to try that turn up the real dial thing...see what kind of results I get. Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.