Fri, Sep 20, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: My first P6 weirdness - PLZ Help?!? Clothing going nuts once figure loads!!!

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 10:46 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 4:16 AM

file_220258.jpg

Hi Can anyone explain this?? It's M3 clothed cr2 that I did yesterday... spent about 1/2 hour twiddling morpd dials for the face... Now when I load it up it goes all wonky like the pic and I can't do anything with it or Poser 6!! I have to use the task manager to kill Poser!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Also I had the external morphs thing on and I turned it off after the first time this happened but it made no difference!!!! Thanks!! Gerard

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ghelmer ( ) posted Thu, 14 April 2005 at 10:47 PM

p.s. the arms and sleeves are supposed to be gone to prevent poke through!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

kaveman ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 12:43 AM

There's some weird file loading bugs. Have you checked that it loads ok in P5, this will check if the problem in the file or in the loading?

ghelmer ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 2:40 AM

Well, I loaded it up in P5 and as expected the morphs were not present and the dials didn't work, so that's normal... But I really don't know what happened as nothing strange happened while I was working on it, I just closed Poser and went to bed!! Maybe I slept funny or something! I'm kinda bummed cuz I spent bit of time on the face and I sorta feel like someone left the cake out in the rain, and I don't think I can take it, cuz it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again! AGAINNNNN!!! Thank you!! Donna Summer has left the building!!! Sorry, weird mood! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

zandar ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 4:13 AM

"Well, I loaded it up in P5 and as expected the morphs were not present and the dials didn't work" Sounds like you didn't turn off the "Use external binary morph targets" option in the preferences before saving the .pz3. That's why the dials for the morphs don't work. If you have the option enabled, then it saves the morphs to an external file. Disable it, and all the morph data gets stored normally the next time you save a scene.

hpdrag ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 6:22 AM

I have similar problems with DAZ-Tunic and pants for V3; worked fine, when loaded from library and conformed, but is distorted, when i open a saved file or the dressed cr2. P6 even crashs then. I still don't have any idea, what the reason could be, it looks like some points from the mesh would be transformed to infinity.

caulbox ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 11:16 AM

I got something very similar to this - before my eyes - last night with the 99c special 'Spell Bound' from PoserPros! The reason I mention it here as (just maybe) relevant is that I also was playing around with hiding body parts when it occurred. The right collar of the bodice 'suddenly' became completely deformed. I've no idea why it happened, but all I was doing at the time was hidingshowing body parts for the same poke through reasons. I was doing this manually, and I can't remember whether or not I actually used the hide/show poses that are included with the spell bound package before this happened. Even a restore of everything left me with a deformed right collar in the clothing item. I've just tried to see if I could reproduce the problem, but as of yet I can't and it remains a mystery to me too. One last immensely speculative muse - I wonder if this gravity thing must sometimes be seen to be done?

Birddie ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 11:36 AM

so much for P6. ;) Hope you get it fixed bro.

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 April 2005 at 12:05 PM

Attached Link: http://fnproductions.net/graphics/tutorials/poser6

Perhaps the clothing needs to be unparented before you take out the body part. Can we see screen shots of these other problems...can you reproduce them. And please send a bug report to CL so they can fix it. Birddie since you don't have p6 and probably never will, will you stop being so anti constructive.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.