Mon, Oct 21, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Can Vue Infinite do this?

Belgareth ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 4:39 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 12:05 PM

file_222911.jpg

This Image was created by Matt Fairclough using Translucency / Sub-Surface Scattering in the upcoming Terragen 2. It is beautiful and very realistic. Now... Can or is there a way for me to do this in Vue Infinite? Any help would be great... Thanks... Gareth:)

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 4:53 PM

Nope... this is not possible yet in Vue Infinite. Maybe someone can fake it with an elaborate Python script but I wouldn't cound on that anytime soon :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 18 April 2005 at 4:59 PM

That looks good :)

jc ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 12:43 AM

Nice work Matt/Terragen2!

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 4:41 AM

Thanks for your replies:) I am going to play about in the function editor and see if I can find a work around:)

Polax ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 5:37 AM

file_222914.jpg

You are right Gareth, it might be worth trying with the graph editor. (Some nodes are still a big mystery to me even with the manual LOL ) that is a rough attempt using variable diffuse/ambient and luminosty depending on altitude of obj's surface. It does not really react to light but surely using 'incident light angle' or 'distance on ray' could improve the mat ?

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 6:02 AM

This is a stunning attempt, my friend. What version of Vue are you using. Vu5 or Infinite?

Polax ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 6:23 AM

Thanks :) but it is not the true thing yet :) I'm with 5Infinite.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 7:20 AM

Not the true thing maybe, but very close! Congrats my friend! Now I think I really made the right decision by buying V5I instead of waiting for TG2! ( Oh, ok, there might be TG2's ultra photorealistic renderer!)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 8:00 AM

XLT work Polax...that is damn close!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 11:32 AM

Will TG2 be able to import Poser .pz3's? And if so, can the import be accomplished easily, as with Vue? And yes.....excellent work. Blue Kryptonite?

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 11:41 AM

"Blue Kryptonite?"...No Ice. "Will TG2 be able to import Poser .pz3's?"... Not sure. I know they were saying something about plants. I also know that they are also trying to keep it free...Like the first version (but it is free if you use it for non-commercial work only). Gareth:)

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 1:05 PM

TG2 will not suport Poser files, I'm pretty sure about it, but if you can export Poser files in obj format, then you'll be able to import your obj files in TG2. Back to the topic, I think Polax almost has it, but reversed; looking again at his render, it seems he achieved exaclty the opposite of SSS: the surface of his ice is darker than the inside of the rock. Is there a Vue function to reverse this? if so, it will be even closer to the real thing!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 1:09 PM

I suppose that it would do for blue kryptonite in a pinch. Or perhaps an ice-covered comet. Or a chunk of floating Arctic/Antarctic ice. Or a type of quartz. Interesting, regardless.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 5:55 PM

file_222917.jpg

Ok. This is the best I could get it, for now.. This is a mixture of what I was working on, and the texture Polax sent me. With a bit of playing around, I think I am getting closer...I'll send you the texture, Polax, maybe you can improve on it further... Gareth

Belgareth ( ) posted Tue, 19 April 2005 at 5:57 PM

file_222918.jpg

And here is the second render with the sun almost completely behind the rock.

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 1:47 PM

nice attempt ! but real absorption light i think is really hard to fake... by the way i hope to find your material as a free stuff !! :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.