Sun, Oct 6, 11:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Can't believe I waited so long to learn the Tailor!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 11:45 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:21 AM

file_224988.jpg

Now I'm going to have to drag out all the cool char I bought but couldn't really use due to lack of clothing fit. The Biker outfit came in perfectly. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 11:46 AM

BTW, this was just a quick render to check the fit of the clothing, know the lights are bad...lol Marque

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 11:58 AM

Did you pick up any tips or hints along the way? The Tailor is languishing on my computer because I can't seem to get it to work right.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 11:59 AM

P.S. Your results looks excellent. Congratulations!

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 12:21 PM

Where is this located? Or is this something done inside Poser? My biggest problem is finding clothing I want to use with my models.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 12:51 PM

The Tailor is a software program you can buy at Daz. Clothing Converter is another one. I can't advise which is better or easier to learn, but both are available at the same place.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 12:56 PM

destro75 , The Tailor is sold at Daz3d.com. It's primary function is to transfer morphs from a modified chactacter to clothing that is made for that character. for example, you beef up V3, apply a costume and now have poke through. You would the use the tailor to transfer the beefed up morphs to the costume. It can be, with a lot of tinkering, be used to fit other characters clothing. Daz has a tutorial on the subject.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 1:21 PM

It's pretty cool, and actually easy to use once I finally figured it out. Haven't played with the clothing converter yet...but the main difference is that the Tailor transfers morphs from the morphed char to the clothing so it fits, and the converter actually changes the mesh to make it fit. That one is next on my list to learn. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 1:22 PM

BTw the char in the pic is Irina. She is the reason I dug the Tailor out and decided to learn it. 8^) Marque

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 1:24 PM

It took me a few tries, but now I'm getting the hang of the tailor too. I used it yesterday on a top and pants that had zero morphs, and after running the 2 items through the tailor, was able to get the items to fit. Still have trouble when thighs aren't covered, because I don't know what morphs to pick, so I usually end up making those body parts invisible.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ghelmer ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:04 PM

The Tailor is awesome!!! I went through a super hero kick a couple of years back and The Tailor worked perfectly for transfering M2's muscle morphs to the super outfits I was using!!! It's an indespensible tool for Poser users!!!

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:07 PM

Will the Tailor work on conforming clothing or just morphable clothing?

John

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:18 PM

Any conforming clothing to my knowledge. The clothes from yesterday were conforming, and the tailor allowed me to import my figure, put the piece of clothing on it, and then select the morphs from the figure that I wanted to give to the outfit. I needed to do that to a top and pants and had to do the process for each piece of clothing. Doesn't take long though.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:48 PM

Oh cool! Might have to seriously consider moving that from my wishlist to my cart next time I'm at DAZ. Thanks.

John

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:54 PM

Thanks for the info all. One more question you may be able to answer. It seems this is used to fit clothing on say, a V2 model that you have morphed. I am curious though, whether it would take say, clothing made for Judy, or even the various V gals, and allow you to fit it to P6's Jessi.

Right now I am in the process of trying to give a Jessi model I have tweaked a nice pair of boots. Unfortunately, after days of scouring the various Poser-related sites, I have yet to find a pair of boots made for Jessi.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:56 PM · edited Wed, 20 April 2005 at 4:56 PM

It's worth it. I picked up some really cute things at Poser World yesterday (finally got a subscription), but most of the clothes there don't have morphs attached and you can only do so much with scaling, bending and side to side. So I don't think it would be possible to fit the clothes to V3 without the tailor unless you altered V3's morph dials so that the figure itself was altered to fit the clothes. And I think Vicky is skinny enough!!!! :)

But after using the tailor, I had morphs in the chest area that allowed me to enlarge the top's chest to cover the figure.

Message edited on: 04/20/2005 16:56

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:21 PM

As far as going from V2 to Judy or Jessie, I don't know if anyone has made the required JP poses and the mannikins yet. That's where the cloth converter is a better bet.

destro75 ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:30 PM

Ahh, so that is the difference! Thanks nickedshield and all others for the info!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:40 PM

Are you using the V3 clothes from Poserworld? I've never had a problem with them fitting her. Marque

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:48 PM · edited Wed, 20 April 2005 at 5:49 PM

Quote - Are you using the V3 clothes from Poserworld? I've never had a problem with them fitting her.

Yes, I was working with the cute saloon gal outfit but unless I did something wrong, I didn't see any way to adjust the chest of it to cover the figure's boobs.

I should add that I was using a character addon, and not just plain V3. I was working with "Cassidy". Message edited on: 04/20/2005 17:49

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 6:07 PM

saloon gal for V3? I thought that was a V2 item. Off to check that out.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 6:09 PM

Hmmm. I thought it was for V3, and if not, then that's the problem....but whatever it was, tailor fixed it :)

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 6:15 PM

I just checked, it is a V2 item. I'm surprised the tailor corrected it, different joints. But you're happy and that's all that counts:)

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 6:16 PM

BTW: Phil C is working on one as well, and the early images are pretty amazing.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 6:18 PM

Pick up a few V2 items from there if that's the case and try it out for yourself. After adding the morphs from V3, I was able to work the outfit to fit V3. Maybe it was just luck on my part, but if not, it gives people more leway to use outfits that they couldn't use before.

Indoda ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 5:19 AM

@Marque Would you like to write a tutorial on how to use Tailor? There's still a lot I haven't got to work as yet. TIA Indoda

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:46 AM

All I did was choose the character that I wanted to work with. When you go in the wizard helps you do that. Basically you just find the character cr2 in the poser directory. Next it will prompt you to choose the outfit you want to add the morphs to. I have only used the clothing that was made for the character, haven't tried to change clothing from say V2 to V3 or from SP3 to V3 yet. I didn't read the manual on this so it is probably not the way to go about it but it worked for me. I chose the character, not the item. I loaded all of the morphs by going through and choosing the named morph for each body part. Example...for Irina I went to Irina blStephaniePetite Groups and checked each Morph target for the Irina morph That is the only one I checked for each part, i.e. abdomen, chest etc. then I continued with the wizard to create the morphs. Like I said, I did it for the whole body. Next you will save the dress as and I saved it as the regular name but with Irina instead of SP3. For the rest of the clothing I wanted to do for Irina, I just went to File > Load the dress and chose the next item I wanted to use. Now I don't use the wizard I just go to Create Morphs > Create Morphs in the Dress When you bring in the char and the item, choose each part of the item, i.e. chest, abdomen, right shoulder, and dial to 1.000 for that area. Didn't seem to work when I did a full body and it didn't seem to work if I chose Abdomen but dialed chest on that one as well as abdomen. Each morph seems to want the body part for that morph chosen one at a time. You will see the Irina dials in the item. Went through a ton of clothing items that way and saved them as Irina as the first part of the name. Has been working well for me. Also when I get ready for a new character I just go to File > Load base figure and go through on that figure and choose the morph for each group. Hope this wasn't too confusing. Only one cup of coffee this morning so I'm fuzzy. 8^) Using Tailor 1.5 Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:49 AM

Sheeesh that looks about as clear as mud! lol If you need help figuring out what I was trying to explain just ask. Marque

Indoda ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:28 AM

LOL - more coffee ;) I seem to have trouble with the values of the dials getting transfered to the clothing item. Maybe I'm expecting too much! I usually bring in my character (eg. an injected V3) Then the clothed item. Select the FBMs. Save the clothing item like you do. The resulting garment then has the fbms but I still have to dial the values in to make it fit. It's a shame that the program hasn't a little more in the finer art of tuning. The wizard is okay up to a point. It could be such a useful program too. Thanks for you insight so far. I'll keep at it. Tailor 1.5 P5/6.

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:38 PM

Yes I do the dials too, I bring them in at 0. It's a pain but better than trying to do the morphs myself...lol Marque

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 8:43 PM

clothing converter is much better then tailor,I used both, tried the tailor trial version and kinda thought it was alot of work, I purchased Daz clothing converter and love the batch feature that converts all the cloths while you sleep. clothing converter the last update.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:38 PM

Wait, I thought the clothing converter worked by changing the mesh manually, are you telling me it does it automatically?? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:39 PM

Tells me my temp key has expired?? Marque

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:45 PM

How long does it take to get your key? Thanks, Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.