Tue, Oct 22, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT. Bad News

tjohn ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 7:26 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:29 AM

For those of you who might have viewed my "Portrait of a Friend" and gave me your thoughts or kind words in comments there or a previous thread with a link to that image, I would like to express again my gratitude for your support. I just received word that my friend Kim died this morning from the cancer he has been fighting these last two years. I am glad that he is no longer suffering, and he and I both knew he didn't have long to live. Knowing still doesn't stop grief. But time will ease the feeling of loss. Never fail to let those you care for know you love them each time you say goodbye. John

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

kimpe ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 7:36 PM

So very sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers go to Kim and his family.

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 7:52 PM

My condolences to Kims family. Very sorry for your loss of a good friend John.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 8:19 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss of a close friend John, my condolences to Kims family. I hope these words of a very wise man ease your loss, "Don't show sorrow over my death , for i am not dead. I just live in a better place now". Author: My Father.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

ย 

ysvry ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 8:55 PM

condolences to you and Kims family

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 9:00 PM

Tjohn, so sorry to hear of this loss for you. Its a hard thing to go thru and I hope you have the support you need. My condolences, Angela

sackrat ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 9:22 PM

Sorry for your and his family's loss. "I pray that our Heavenly Father will assuage the anguish of your bereavement, leaving only the cherished memory of the loved and lost." Abraham Lincoln.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Kemal ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 9:37 PM

I'm so sorry John, I do not know what else to say, I'm glad that you have found strength to go through it, my deepest condolences... Kemal

skiwillgee ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 9:47 PM

Just read the parable of the master giving 3 servants talents to use in his absence. Message of story is not to waste what is given to you but to use it so it will be compounded. I think this also applies to friends and loved ones. Don't waste them while they are called ours. I don't think you wasted your friendship based on the message accompanying "Portriat..." Time and God will heal the heart.

ellocolobo ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 10:02 PM

Strength in memories John.

xenic101 ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 10:12 PM

sorry to hear...

Incarnadine ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 10:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Ardiva ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 10:54 PM

My condolences to Kims family and very sorry for your loss of a good friend as well, Tjohn.

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 11:47 PM

Sorry to hear John. My condolences.

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:23 AM

So sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend Tjohn... I will keep you and Kim's family in my prayers.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't.ย 

Aย whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:48 AM

It is said, that the loss and grief felt is proportional to the love. The more you loved, the more the loss. It is the memory of that love that continues on with us. I offer my condolences in the hope that it helps to sooth your loss and that the spirit of your friends memory brings you peace.

Kathye ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 4:06 AM

I'm sorry to hear this news. The picture you made affected me very strongly. My thoughts are with you.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 4:39 AM

Sorry to hear this, condolences to you.....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 6:19 AM

I will just add my condolences and prayers.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Bea ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 6:25 AM

I am sorry to hear this news. I thought the picture you made was a very powerful one. My condolences to you and Kim's family

Rayraz ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 6:46 AM

I'm sorry to hear this sad news :( My condolences. He will live on in the memories of you and all the other people who loved him.

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

bandolin ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:06 AM ยท edited Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:08 AM

Events such as this in our lives forces us not to take our daily lives for granted. Having recently had a bout of minor cancer myself, I can appreciate your feelings.

My arabic side grieves with you with the sorrow of a thousand lost souls.

My Irish side will drink a pint in your friend's honour to celebrate his life and those he touched.

Message edited on: 04/21/2005 09:08

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 4:30 PM

I lost two good friends recently so I know how you feel, time will ease the pain and grief. But your Friend will live in you through the memorys. This is a poem that was read at my friends funeral, recently. Its called Slow Dance. "Slow Dance" Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round Or listened to the rain slapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight Or gazed at the sun into the fading night? You better slow down Don't dance so fast Time is short The music won't last Do you run through each day on the fly When you ask "How are you?" do you hear the reply? When the day is done, do you lie in your bed With the next hundred chores running through your head? You'd better slow down Don't dance so fast Time is short The music won't last Ever told your child, We'll do it tomorrow And in your haste, not see his sorrow? Ever lost touch, Let a good friendship die 'Cause you never had time to call and say "Hi"? You'd better slow down Don't dance so fast Time is short The music won't last When you run so fast to get somewhere You miss half the fun of getting there. When you worry and hurry through your day, It is like an unopened gift.... Thrown away... Life is not a race. Do take it slower Hear the music Before the song is over.

MoonGoat ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 6:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. The image you made him was absolutely beautiful.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 8:01 PM
Forum Moderator

My condolences...

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:56 PM

My condolences on your loss.

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 9:58 PM

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend Tjohn. I can relate because I lost one friend suddenly, very recently, and nearly lost another. Hopefully your friend was able to make peace with his situation and take care of the loose ends in his life once he came to terms with his prognosis.

woodhurst ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 12:21 AM

My condolences, very sorry to hear this.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.