Sat, Sep 21, 10:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: WorldBuilder Fir Trees

d-bot ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 2:01 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 8:48 PM

I'm working on a project that requires fir trees. I've noticed some great looking firs in some of the gallery posts. One artist mentioned he uses WorldBuilder fir trees. Any idea how I can get the WorldBuilder firs? I don't own a copy of WordlBuilder. Do they sell their trees as separate objects? And how do you import them into Vue, in the .obj format? thanks MK

corvus ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 3:04 PM

There was a free copy of World Builder on 3d world magazine not too long ago. Maybe you can still get it thru them, or check the World Builder website to see if they have a free download version. I just tried this weekend, and you can import the trees into vue as 3ds...works great.

d-bot ( ) posted Wed, 20 April 2005 at 7:09 PM

Did you do your export from WorldBuilder Genesis, or Pro?

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:41 AM

Good fir trees you can find at RDNA as well - look for "Old Wood" in the store. These are the ones a lot are using i would say. Stop, you need Poser to use them. Most stuff there (RDNA.com) is done for Poser use.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

d-bot ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 12:27 PM

Thanks, wabe. I do have Poser and downloaded some nice "Old Wood" trees. However, two things happened: 1. When I exported them out of Poser in the .obj format and tried to import them into Vue 5 I, the textures didn't make the trip. I had to load the textures manually. Is that unusual? 2. When I used my imported tree object in Vue 5's Ecosystem the trees came out looking strange. Their trunks were purple, and their leaves a fluorescent green. Any ideas?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 2:59 PM

d-bot....render your trees(from RDNA) in poser & save as a PZ3...then import as PZ3 in Vue.....works like a charm :) Textures come with that way.

d-bot ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 3:10 PM

Thanks dlk30341, it did work like a charm. Now, does anyone have any suggestions regarding the Ecosystem problem. When Ecosystem populates the scene with my tree object, the trunks come out purple. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it have something to do with the texture map of the tree? MK

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 3:53 PM

Which tree object are you using??? The RDNA Pine????

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 7:12 PM

I tested the pine tree in V5I and all worked fine even in an eco environment....I had no discoloration of the trunk or needles.

d-bot ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:22 PM

Thanks for the response, dlk30341. Yes, it was the RDNA pine. What were your steps? I'll recreate them and see if I get the same result. The pine looks fine when I just import it as an object and perform the scatter/replicate. It's only when I use it as an Ecosystem object that I get the discoloration. MK

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.