Sun, Sep 22, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Ranch Life

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 4:49 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

file_183660.jpg

Just wanted to share with you what we've been doing & a short pictorial story about a little calf named Cocoa :]

Since Pop died, he left his cattle orphans...
He spent his later life caring for them all,
we've now legally adopted the herds

Every morning during the winter months they must be fed...

Here's a few pics from the morning run...
the deer get a few handouts too :]

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 4:58 PM

Home Home on the range....where th... Great stuff cynlee. You be a busy one now. Likw that one inspecting the tire.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 5:00 PM

file_183661.jpg

This little guy & his mom were found 3 days after birth, for some reason he was unable to nurse, tried to show him how but to no avail :(, he was getting weaker & weaker, finally let mom go & took him up to one of the sheds closeby, it was touch & go but today he's back up & more alert :] I've named him Cocoa... never had a pet cow before till now... this city born & raised girl may yet learn to be a cowgirl afterall... bbl, time for his next bottle! :d

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 5:14 PM

Oh how sweet Cindy..... must be a lot of work for you all. All the best to baby Cocoa!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 6:15 PM

That is touching...makes me feel good knowing the little one will be cared for.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

bsteph2069 ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 6:41 PM

I like the pic of the cow with the hay. Bsteph

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 6:42 PM

drank it all down & took some more baby steps...
not so wobbley... better grow & get strong as he's stolen my heart...
not sure how I'll feel about ever selling him :(
will just have to cross that bridge when we get there

& doug, that one inspecting the tire is being a pig & trying to grab the hay off the truck,
i like the diagonal on that one...
& the one to the left of it... that's a bull!
they're much more muscular, have big heads & brow bones,
we have 4, I think, that take care of 15 or so hefers each,
then there're the steers...
& I've found they even have unique personalities! :] all very interesting...

LostPatrol ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 7:42 PM

Wonderful pictorial story, reminds me of home (where I grew up) we were surrounded by farms.

The Truth is Out There

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 9:18 PM

Cows are pigs now too?? Does it have a curly tail. Do you farm the deer or are they wild?

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 9:44 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 February 2005 at 9:53 PM

correction: i meant females, not heifers :P
(see, i'm still learning)

........()
........(oo)
../------/
./ |
__||
*...||... ||
...^^.. ^^ MOOOoooOOOooo!

& the whitetail deer are wild

Message edited on: 02/10/2005 21:53

randyrives ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 10:00 PM

Great shots, lots of work but it was its rewards. We have goats and miniature horses. We raised a baby goat in the house of all places, bottle feed it for weeks. The goat was sick and my wife could not stand to let it die. So we took it to the vet, he gave us some medicine, but said he would be surprised if he made it. Well my wife would not let the little fellow die, and now we have a goat that thinks we is a dog, since he was raised with our dogs. LOL

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 10:07 PM

awwwwwww! how sweet, Cindy!!!! it reminds me of when i was a kid had this pony named Pom-Pom and she had a baby we named Sugarfoot. anyway, the baby was sickly and my mom and dad too her and put her in their bed which had an electric blanket to keep her warm. (it was cold out). when the vet came to see her, well, he was pretty shocked to see Sugarfoot in my parents' bed! i'm so happy you're taking care of the little one, Cindy!!!!! hugs

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 10 February 2005 at 10:56 PM

Maybe I should send some of that choclat milk for Cocoa. Will make him strong and full of energy. Long as you don't drink it first.

deemarie ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2005 at 6:24 PM

Ahhh I love babies :) Keep the pictures coming, and please keep us informed of the babies progress! You are doing an outstanding job! Dee-Marie

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 11 February 2005 at 8:12 PM

As if, being coordinator is not enough work?? Now you have to be a cowgirl???? That's almost too much talent for one to handle!!!! I applaud you for all your amazing abilities!!! Hope you find time for some rest too??? Akemi I love the shots of the baby cow!!!! ;)

lak ( ) posted Wed, 30 March 2005 at 6:25 PM

love these pictorials...love that little calf:))

greybeard101 ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 4:05 AM

I admire your willingness to take on the challenge and responsibilty for these animals. A new life for everyone it seems. Thanks for sharing these glimpses into your new "family"....and Cocoa, well he's just special...no doubt about it ! Now to hit the fridge to finish off my 4 litre jug of chocolate milk..hmm, hmm, hmm.......I'm hooked. Sorry to hear about your Pop Cindy. Peter

kansas ( ) posted Thu, 31 March 2005 at 9:25 AM

Some great pics of the cattle. Taking care of cattle can be very time consuming. But there can be great monetary rewards as well as some good eating. I love steak!

narfark ( ) posted Tue, 12 April 2005 at 7:57 PM

It's a fact: in 3rd world countries, 2 cows can supply a family of 4 people with enough fuel (cowpies) to heat your house and do all the cooking!!! (Maybe the house is only 1 or 2 rooms, eh?

pimbotin ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 3:22 PM

Oh oh! I've just discovered this tonight!!...
Can you imagine how I would like to have your life, lady? (except the fact that you're living in a very very flat country..., the "real" heaven would be what you show there + some mountains around ;-)
Seriously, would you mind exchanging our worlds together, just for one month? You, in front of those stupid computers, trying to explain to them "how important" they are in our modern world, and me, trying to bottle-feed Coco!

I would love it...
(I think I will do this, one day)

Thanx for all this...lady
and thanks for the deers, also..
Hugzzz

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:25 PM ยท edited Thu, 21 April 2005 at 11:28 PM

file_183663.jpg

lol... thanks Philippe... it's really not so flat here... I'm in the Hill Country of TX... that would be rolling hills & some lakes too but no mountains like what you post ...or ever is there snow here :]

Coco still comes running when I call... eating his feed now
but still likes to suck on your pants leg or even your fingers :d

here's the most recent pic of him...
if you look closer you'll see a black mama & her babe in back

...cowboy Philippe! sounds good ;] (hi narfark!! :)))))))))))

Message edited on: 04/21/2005 23:28

Gabrielsdream ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:25 AM

Loved the photos and details of what you have been doing! Perfect name for such a gorgeous rich brown furry boy! Wonderful, you are some girl!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.