Thu, Sep 19, 11:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Um,,, what did i wrong here???

urig ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 1:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_225667.jpg

Its Jessi in P6 with a faceroom modified head, ultimate body and Headmorphs and P6CharacterRealismKit applied... - Ive saved it as own figure to the library. After re-load it... boom, head and chest are gone... And Poser tells me its not a P6 figure anymore... Whats wrong here?

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 1:53 PM

AWWWWWKKK !!!! THE HALF - INVISIBLE WOMAN !!!!! (sorry. no idea. but scary)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

shedofjoy ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 5:28 PM

I have no idea what has happened here and have not seen anything like it, but it is funny... ohhh i like how it made the breasts vanish... me thinks there must be a prude behind this weirdness..lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

barrowlass ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 5:51 PM

sorry, but it just looks SO funny - it could breed a whole new series of characters............

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

mylemonblue ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 6:45 PM

I've seen something like it in poser before P6 but I don't know if the way P6 handles geometry files is the same or not. Does any one know if this could have anything to do with the geometry's ".rsr" file?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 7:22 PM

as long as she doesn't come back looking like Kevin Bacon..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ramhernan ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 10:58 PM

Hi: Intil now i had experimented some extrange behaivor about textures and P6, i dunno if this is the case, but maybe reloading the textures and changing a bit the camera angle can bring back the whole thing...hope so

If it looks as mere real life, then it don't worth the effort.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2005 at 11:28 PM · edited Fri, 22 April 2005 at 11:31 PM

Quote - Whats wrong here?

blinks

sees 1/2 invisible woman blinks again still there goes off to have another rum and coke Message edited on: 04/22/2005 23:31

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

urig ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 3:56 AM

:-)) The scariest part here: Ive used a photo of my girlfriend to model it...

SWAMP ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 5:39 AM

Well your girlfriend has nice eyes....:-)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 5:59 AM

Did you save it with external geometry or morphs stored elsewhere? Look under general prefs. Since you are using a couple of morph packages, I suspect that pieces of them are no longer allied with the main figure. Carolly

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 6:24 AM

SWAMP quote: "Well your girlfriend has nice eyes" I died WHOAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D (ROFL)

CASETTE
=======

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 8:05 AM

I assume you double checked to see that the figure's chest didn't somehow get turned off in it's properties?

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 9:20 AM

I saved a scene with a Michael and a milleneum cat. When I brought it back up, Michael was still there but there were only eyes where the cat used to be. I'm bookmarking this thread to see if the answer turns up.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 10:15 AM

your girlfriend hasn't got much of a face...lol... sorry i couldn't resist....

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

spedler ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 10:24 AM

I saved a scene with a Michael and a milleneum cat. When I brought it back up, Michael was still there but there were only eyes where the cat used to be. Must be a Cheshire cat with the wrong morph :-)

Steve

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 4:36 PM

:D That must be it. >^,,^

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 7:21 PM

MEOWW*

CASETTE
=======

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 8:36 PM

dialyn, Was the cat morphed?

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 9:03 PM

Actually, yes. It was one of the alien kitties. Michael was morphed too.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:40 AM

If the cat's morphs were created and saved in P6, but Michael's morphs were created and saved in an earlier version, could that make the difference? Carolly

urig ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 7:01 AM

file_225673.jpg

Hey, shes magically comin back... with all bodyparts needed to make me happy.:o)) I just opened the saved library file today and: Voila! Here she is.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 8:27 AM

Coolness. I'll have to see if my Cheshire kitty is back. It couldn't be a memory thing could it? I know my Poser 5 loses track of things when I've worked on a project too long.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 10:24 AM

Dialyn, let us know if you got your kitty back! I suspect it's a memory leak-related problem.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 11:04 AM

Kitty came back. :) I wish I could show you but I ran into another, unrelated problem. But the cat (eyes and smile) did return.

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 11:10 AM

One amusing thing was that, when the cat disappeared in the render, he still managed to cast a shadow. I wish I could figure out how to do that on purpose. It was rather a nice effect. If a little disconcerting.

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 11:30 AM

The memory bug, I suppose Sometimes, over all when I cancell a render in progress, a texture map dissappear. A head, a body, the eyes ... and its impossible to select it again. Then I save the file, close P6 and open again, and TA-DAAAH! The texture is again in its place. It would be called THE CHESHIRE EFFECT ROFL

CASETTE
=======

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.