Wed, Sep 25, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:58 pm)

Subject: I need a good way to "copy picture" in batches

Svigor ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2005 at 6:13 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 3:27 PM

I use Irfan as my image viewer but the whole copy picture in P5>paste image in Irfan>save image as in Irfan>clear clipboard>repeat process for each and every image has me very bored by now. Does anyone know a program where I can just "copy picture" in P5 and have it paste and save automatically? Really what would be perfect would be a hotkey in P5 that I could just hit and have a saved screenie. Any suggestions?

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 12:57 AM · edited Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:00 AM

Attached Link: http://www.xnview.com/

Not really sure why you are doing a copy/paste in the first place. Just go Edit>Export>Image and save.

When you want to view your images just open Irfan and open it from there.
You can also right-click on your (saved) image and under "open with" assign your image-viewing program.
Once you have done that, double clicking on any image (of the same file format) will open itself in Irfan.

You might also want to take a look at another free viewer called "XnView" (link).
It is similar to Irfan but with a few more options and with a bigger ,nicer, and cleaner UI.

SWAMP

Message edited on: 04/24/2005 01:00

caulbox ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 7:37 AM

Attached Link: http://www.our-class.net/mmchristen/

I'm not sure either why you might want to repeatedly 'Copy Picture' (in the edit menu) as that only gives a quick snap of what the preview window contains? Nevertheless a sweet little program that will do what you want is "CopyMessageBox" (linked). At least it will allow you to queue up screenshots by simply hitting a hot key. It's a program I would recommend to all anyway, as it makes it very simple to take screenshots of e.g. material settings or parameters windows, without having to set up any alternative capture programs. Another feature CopyMessageBox has that I find to be very useful, is that it gives you the ability to access and save the text contained in message boxes (for example the keyboard shortcuts help in UVMapper Classic).

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:47 PM · edited Sun, 24 April 2005 at 1:48 PM

If you can't export the image, set IrfanView to capture images and save screenshots. When you're done, all you have to do is rename the files and there are many little programs that do that in batch... IrfanView does it too! ;o)

Message edited on: 04/24/2005 13:48

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 2:13 PM

I use this method of screen capture with irfanview... I have it set up to drop the captures on my desktop... they are saved with a date/time stamp automaticly and the capture is by hotkey.

Francemi ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 2:21 PM

Yes, and you can also set it to capture images every 5 seconds (or any other time you want). You can set it to show the cursor or not, capture only the foregroung screen, the whole document window or the whole screen. It is the best program to use when writing tutorials. In fact, it is the best freeware on the Web IMO. France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 3:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

Im still dont understand why one would want to do screen shots, unless it is for making tutorials. If that is the case, there is an outstanding and very powerful program dedicated just for that, called Wink (free.. link). With it you can capture screenshots, add explanations boxes, buttons, titles, forward/backward buttons, etc. It is for the Flash format and is very easy to use (and you dont need to know a dam thing about Flash). SWAMP

Svigor ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2005 at 4:33 PM

Wow thanks for all the responses, those'll all take some time to check out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.