Fri, Sep 20, 7:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: someone wants to market my pictures in calendars!!!!

tvernuccio ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 12:33 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:09 PM

Hi guys! just wanted to tell you some cool news! a friend of mine here in RR who uploads mostly in the 3D galleries has a website where he & his brother are selling inspirational artwork. anyway, they asked me if i would be interested in selling some of my images to them so they could use them to make inspirational calendars...my photos with verses from the Bible. Anyway, they're doing two calandars with my images...one will be flowers/plants and the other animals. i'm not gonna charge him to use my images since he's a friend. sure did make me feel good to be asked though!!! gave me my confidence a boost, and considering i have almost NO confidence when it comes to my photography...well that was nice! i think i might get myself a little signature and add it to my pictures. you guys have any other advice? also, how strange...got an email from someone today asking me if she could use my pics for personal use...as background for stationary or something. says she will be sure to give me credit and include a link to my gallery if i like. she says she doesn't intend to use my images in any kind of marketing venture. you think this is some kind of scam? have ya'all gotten a similar email? from some girl named Becky? i can't imagine people wanting to use my pictures for anything. i really don't have ANY confidence about my photography. can't imagine why in the world anyone would want to use mine. that's why i figure the rest of you guys must have gotten the same email. i'm just blown away that someone thinks my pictures would actually sell. calander is a great idea! you guys should think about it! :)

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 1:18 AM

Oooooh wow!!! I'm so happy for u Sheila!!! This is great news indeed!!! Good luck with that darling! :D And nope, didn't get any mail from Becky asking to use my pics :( And I'm glad it gives u a 'lil more confidence because u deserve it! ;)

jcv2 ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 3:38 AM

Yep, you definitely deserve it!!! Don't know any Becky at all. No poking fun about your art, it just rocks! I'm glad people find their way to you! RR should start its own calendar-art and postcard-art! :)

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 3:46 AM

Congrats Shiela sounds like a brilliant idea :) No girls e mail me :( lol

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few,ย Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

KiwiMiss ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 6:35 AM

WOW ... that's wonderful news Shelia. Congratulations you sure do deserve it, so happy for you and no I've had no emails from Becky.

Noeline :D
ย 
~Predictably Unpredictable~

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 7:38 AM

That is great new, congrats Shelia!!! :o)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 9:32 AM

congrats on the calendar Sheila!! wonderful news :] the other I would be wary of & would NOT do!

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 11:09 AM

Sheila.. I recieved that same email yesterday ( Hello there; I am not an artist but I love artwork. I use PSP and Incredimail to create email stationary. Usually backgrounds and framed art images. I make no money from doing it. I always get permission before I use art. I add a copyright to the artist and a link to wherever they wish. Would you consider your art being used in this way? Thanks for your time. By the way I found your work on Renderosity :) Also I would be happy to send you an example of what I am talking about. And you can check out the Incredimail program here www.incredimail.com Sincerely; Becky My email silversangels1@msn.com) Not even worth a response in my book.

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 11:10 AM

OH MY GOD!!!! Congrats Sheila....and hmmm....yes, ive gotten a mail from that Becky asking me the same thing. Do you really think its a scam of some kind? You got me worried now, lol.

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

BusyB967 ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 11:18 AM

Oh. Yea.. Almost forgot .. Congrats on the calendar.. :)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 3:57 PM ยท edited Mon, 25 April 2005 at 4:01 PM

thanks a bunch guys!!!!!
jan-carel--that's a GREAT idea!!!

ed--i got almost the same email. when it said "hello there" that's what made me wonder. it wasn't personalized.

andreas--i wondered if it was a scam of some kind. that's why i asked in here. i just had a weird feeling about it. she may be fine...just make really like art and just asking for permission. i just get feelings about things. i had a feeling there HAD to be others here in RR getting the same letter.

cindy--thanks...yep...that's why i mentioned it in here...felt a bit wary about it. dunno why. but i usually trust my gut.

thanks again, ya'all!
edit: can't wait till the guys get the calendars up for sale!!!! i hope they sell a bunch! my friends and family will definitely buy 'em anyway! :)

Message edited on: 04/25/2005 16:01

ReBorneUK ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 5:08 PM

Sheila, go girl!!! yay! well done!! I ain't got no email from Becky but last week I got one from a guy who does poetry on his personal website - decent stuff, quite gothic - and he wanted to use my 'Death of a Vampire' picture... said yes of course, and the poem it's with is quite good, imo. Guess it's about time the Recognition Fairy worked her way around the photography forum with her ickle wand ;-) (",)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 11:42 PM

whoo-hoo!!! huge congrats, Mike! that sounds exciting! yeah, it IS nice when we get recognition like that! sure is a great feeling!!! :)

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 25 April 2005 at 11:55 PM

Are you going to show the images picked?

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tvernuccio ( ) posted Tue, 26 April 2005 at 1:26 AM

when i asked which ones they wanted, they those 12 animal pics and 19 flower/plant pics. so i guess we'll see!

curly-locks ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 8:04 PM

Hello there; I am not an artist but I love artwork. I use PSP and Incredimail to create email stationary. Usually backgrounds and framed art images. I make no money from doing it. I always get permission before I use art. I add a copyright to the artist and a link to wherever they wish. Would you consider your art being used in this way? Thanks for your time. By the way I found your work on Renderosity :) Also I would be happy to send you an example of what I am talking about. And you can check out the Incredimail program here www.incredimail.com Sincerely; Becky My email i got this email as well...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.