Sun, Sep 22, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Alpha Channel for RDS 5.5 on PC

AzChip ( ) posted Thu, 25 January 2001 at 4:52 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:47 AM

Does anyone know how to get an animation to render with an alpha channel in RDS? I've tried all the various formats available; am I missing something simple? Man, I hope so. I had RayDream 3d on both a mac and a pc, on the mac it rendered with alpha channel automatically. I can't seem to get it to render with one on the PC at all.... Aaargh! Thanks! Chip

graylensman ( ) posted Fri, 26 January 2001 at 7:40 AM

It seems to me the solution is obvious... but then again, as Mac guy, I'm as open-minded as any religious fanatic. ;)

AzChip ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 4:31 PM

Thanks for the input, Lensman.... Unfortunately, I had to have the rendering done this past weekend for a commercial for the upcoming Phoenix Film Festival. Had to do it the old fashioned way; cheat! I've considered making the switch, but I just have too much PC gear to give it all up....

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2001 at 9:14 PM

Hey, Chip - if your gear is USB based, you might actually be able to find Mac drivers for the stuff; MacAddict magazine runs an occasional column in which they do that very thing for various scanners, printers, etc. I know what you mean about "cheating" - deadlines suck!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.