Thu, Oct 3, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: can anybody help me

katje ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 5:45 PM · edited Sun, 14 July 2024 at 3:15 PM

file_140915.jpg

this my first try to make her a bit realistic can anybody give me some tips to make it better? i'm still a newbie with photoshop

macsavers ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2001 at 1:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.spacecorps.net

Well, you did a nice job on the hair, but the problem I'm seeing is the skintone. It doesn't seem natural, it appears more plastic. Toning it down, adding some noise to give it some texture and then adding perhaps a very slight tan line, like a t-shirt, halter top, bikini top style, would help. Remember, people have imperfections, so don't be afraid to add a mole or some other imperfection to make it appear more realistic. Being to perfect is one of the problems of 3D.

katje ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2001 at 7:45 PM

thanx alot i will give it a try :-)

mmitchell_houston ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2001 at 3:57 AM

I'm also relatively new to Poser (but have been working professionally with Photoshop since Version 2 when my 33 MHz Mac Quadra was VERY cutting edge). My advice is go back to Poser and rerender her with a new, improved skin texture. There are LOTS of free textures out there for nekkid women, so download one from the Poser/Textures area, and then go to the Render menu and select Materials. Assign the new texture to her and re-render. You will be THRILLED by the results! I know I was when I downloaded my first photo-realistic texture. You can't imagine how much this will do for you, and it makes your Photoshop work so much easier. I also suggest you use some layers to add a faint sparkle to her eyes (don't overdo it, though). It will make her seem more animated and intimate.

- - - - - - - - - -
System: 
Alienware m16 R2 Laptop | Windows 11 Home | 64GB RAM |  Intel Core Ultra 7 155H 1.40 GHz | Nvidia RTX 4070 Laptop GPU 8GB 4608 CUDA Cores
mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com   |   Poser Noir Comics Tutorial   |   Illustrations Honored by Renderosity

Lorraine ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 6:20 PM

I find that if you render in poser using as large as you can get your machine to spit out you have the ability to zoom in and attend to some of the details. Also use poser to get your lighting and shadows arranged. You can soften and smooth the lighting even change it some in photoshop after wards. Also I try to see what I can do in the post render about a final lighting to bring everything together or use a layer that adds some grain which brings the whole of the post image together. The layers have to be experimented with to give you what you feel is right for your image. Hope this helps.

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 8:33 PM

There are some very nice custom brushes available for doing hair in Photoshop katje - if you need a link let me know and I'll dig it out for you. Jade

CryingWolf ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 12:15 AM

I would like to check out the brushes can you post the link anyhow Thanks

jade_nyc ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:35 PM

They were brushes made by bloodsong - can't find the link to her site - check free stuff though - she may have uploaded them here too. Jade

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.