Thu, Sep 19, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Using Tailor to convert clothes to another character?

Furyofaseraph ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 5:48 PM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 7:09 PM

I read that this could be done, but it never said how...how does one go about doing this?

zulu9812 ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 5:51 PM

Tailor's meant for converting clothing between an unmorphed and morphed character of the same mesh, I think

Furyofaseraph ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 5:56 PM

I know. Ive had very bad experience with Clothing Coverter, so i weant to look into other possibilities - short bringing it into 3d Max and modding it there.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 6:08 PM

Daz tutorial arcana has tutorials in character use & creation called custom stripped cr2s with morph manager and custom stripped cr2s with a good text editor and using the tailor with your custom stripped cr2s that tell you how to convert clothes using the tailor.

Furyofaseraph ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 6:11 PM

Sweet deal - thanks Xantor.

Furyofaseraph ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 7:42 PM

okay - i looked it up and i think i mistated something. I odnt want to convert a piece of clothing to a new character. I want to convert it from M3 to V3... Again - i read it could be done with The Tailor since Clothing Converter isnt working.

galactron22 ( ) posted Sun, 01 May 2005 at 9:19 PM

Actually if you want to convert a piece of clothing from M3 to V3 you might want to use the Clothing Converter, because you actually want to change the shape of the model, to use with a female character, and you can't really do that with the Tailor (unless you're converting it for use with the V3 Male character).

What problems are you having with the Clothing Converter?

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Mon, 02 May 2005 at 5:43 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/index.php?id=128

V3 and M3 have the same vertex count, if I am not mistaken. You should be able to follow this tutorial, and just substitute in your unimesh figures of choice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.