Sun, Sep 22, 2:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Anyone Know About Vue Preview Movies???????????????????

tropob ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2005 at 9:01 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:14 PM

Hello all.. i downloaded all the preview movies from e-onsoftware about Vue 5. they are great. they are 480 X 270, and i put those preview clips and some of my made clips( which are 322 X 240 size), into a dvd,,,, just to test them. The e-onsofware clips in the tv looked awesome just like or super close to how they looked in small size in the computer. Yet mine looked fuzzy and pixelated. Anyone know how those 480 X 270 were made? I mean what codec and what settings did they use. Was it Final mode( in the Vue render screen), or Ultra or what?? and was it Mpeg 4 or what? Thanks

Phoul ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2005 at 10:21 AM

Masters 768x432, 25 fps (assembled from bmp frames, mixed, etc, with After Effects 6.5 pro); codec Indeo Video 5 used.
For web versions 480x270: master reduced with VirtualDub for the DivX 5 version (filter resize used with "precise bilinear" option choosen); and for mac compressed with QuickTime 6 Pro, mpeg 4 codec (near 200 ko...).

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2005 at 3:35 PM

Someone should mention that Phoul is well placed to answer as he did most of these videos (if not all of them ? :) )

tropob ( ) posted Thu, 05 May 2005 at 8:27 PM

Thanks phoul... thing is I'm a bit confused at what you said, being that i'm no techy... can you explain in simpler terms. Like if i saved my movie from Vue, what settings would i use.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2005 at 8:00 PM · edited Fri, 06 May 2005 at 8:00 PM

I think he rendered to a series of sequencial image files first (from Vue) and then imported them into his video app (VitualDub) to convert them to the video file with the proper codec (being DiVX for PC and QT MPeg4 for Mac).

So he did not save the movies directly from Vue. Hope that explains it.

Message edited on: 05/06/2005 20:00

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

tropob ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2005 at 8:48 PM

Ohhh nice.. :) So , how do you go about creating Individual images from vue? is there like a way to tell it, render movie frames to images...something like that?

surveyman ( ) posted Fri, 06 May 2005 at 9:31 PM

Sounds like you need to spend more time with the manual... :-D. Maybe screen shots?

Poseur ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 4:35 PM

Tropob, When you go to save your animation, click the "Browse" button beside the filename and choose a still image format(e.g. TIF, TGA, GIF, BMP) instead of the default movie format (likely MOV on your Mac; it's AVI on the PC version of Vue). Vue will save the animation as a sequence of images in the chosen format.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.