Mon, Sep 9, 6:03 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Free grass

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 4:27 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 10:26 PM

Attached Link: Some fun grass'

file_236155.jpg

Just some free grass(in 5 different forms) in .obj format.Hosted by the ever lovable Drac....give him babies or sacrifice.Should be in freebies when approved or something.

I eat babies.

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 5:16 AM

From Grass? Have you noticed that it exports OBJ without maps? Bryce 5.5 and LithUnwrap won't open them, which is kinda weird. UVMapper opens the file but asks you to create a new map. And when you create a map, 5.5 imports it without problems.

-- erlik

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 5:41 AM

thats wierd...works fine in bryce4&5 on my computer.I'll try to figure out whats wrong with it(doesnt 5.5 import wings stuff rather wierd as well?).

I eat babies.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 5:47 AM

Oh yeah, these were made in Cinema 4D so....I have no clue why they are acting strange.They open up in C4D with a UVmap symbol in the object manager.I'll see if a re-export fixes it.

I eat babies.

Erlik ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 5:48 AM

Ooops, sorry, The question was about Bantam Grass, not about your model. Sorry, I thought you used Grass to create it.

-- erlik

dunedan ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 5:56 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/photos/GAL_200502/GalleryImage889681.jpg

Looks pretty good. The never ending problem with having good looking grass in bryce. I find the best way to use grass is using 2d objects of grass wich is a real hassle to make and combinding it with 3d grass like this. Anyone ever find a fantastic solution for good grass in bryce?

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:24 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:35 AM

The file should be fixed...sorry for crappyness. Same link though, the file was replaced and should be fine.

Message edited on: 05/10/2005 06:35

I eat babies.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:34 AM

About using 2d planes:I think they are great when doing long weeds or grass'....but short grass for a lawns or similar need to be 3d because otherwise the viewing angle would be real low as not to see the fact that the short grass is a 2d plane.

I eat babies.

dunedan ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:43 AM

No exactly, 2d is good for distanse and low angle. But I find it hard to add a lot of 3d grass in a big scene without major bryce lag.

TwistedBolt ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:49 AM

Try grass2.obj in the zip download, it comes in slightly under 8000polys, I made a feild of it a little earlier....wasnt as bad as some of the super crazy high rez grass'......thats why I made these, each grass blade is 3 polys so its not very intensive on ram or the computer.(well not all computers)

I eat babies.

dunedan ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 6:58 AM

Yeah a lot of 3d grass has way to many polys and even slows the best computer down. Will try the grass in a big scene when I get of work :)

johnyf ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 10:07 AM

Many thanks, looks good!

GROINGRINDER ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 1:01 PM

There is lots of ground cover style grass, but nobody has modeled a good bag of weed.

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 1:26 PM

Thanks!

danamo ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 1:27 PM

Lol@GG!

ellocolobo ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 2:19 PM

Hey! Don't be misleading with the title...You had me all excited....Back in the day, that would have got you cut....:}

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 4:48 AM

GroinGrinder... A challenge in order, here?!?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.