Thu, Oct 3, 11:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Cartoon mode in Poser 6

renderclipps ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 3:32 AM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 6:59 PM

For me to currently make an animation over a few minutes long in Poser5 takes ages to render. I only found out the other day that Poser6 is released, (apparently with a few bugs but still looks attractive). Does anyone know if the cartoon mode in Poser6 renders a)quickly? b) does using this mode tend to crash? c) does the cartoon animation look good? - I've just noticed a 48Mb Demo mov on CL website, hopefully this will contain a cartoon sketch. I just want to make animation FAST so I don't necessarily need to make cartoons but if it's the only option for quick high quality renders then I'd be very interested. Also I've been looking at the comparison chart but ridiculously Curious Labs only shows charts for Poser 4+5 no 6. Can anyone point me to a link which might contain the benefits over poser5. Thanks

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 8:10 AM

Depends upon what you want in a cartoon render. Poser offers several options, including:

The cartoon display modes ... these use the preview engine, which can generate dozens of frames per minute. The P6 preview engine uses OpenGL hardware acceleration, and looks much nicer than in earlier versions. You have more control over the toned shading, highlights, and line-thickness.

The Material Room's toon shader node ... which works with the Firefly render engine. Slower than the preview engine, but allows you to use transparency, textures, and shadows. The inked lines aren't generally as good.

Poser 6's new toon outline option for the Firefly renderer ... a postwork filter which adds outlines to the render. Has several style options (thick pen, thin pencil, etc.). Unfortunately, it outlines everything, including the edges of transmapped materials, and the outlines tend to have aliased edges.

renderclipps ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2005 at 6:54 PM

has anyone got any examples of cartoon stills or animations? that'll be a great help. Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.