Sat, Sep 21, 4:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Need help with bump maps

RLG1034 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 1:05 AM · edited Tue, 16 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

I have a texture and bump map that i made in photoshop that i want to use in Bryce. I know how to move the texture in but I cant seem to get the bump map into bryce. Can anyone help? A detailed tutorial would be great if anyone knows where to find one. Thanks.

Marty188 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 2:49 AM

Attached Link: http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/index.htm

Although there are some good tutorials around (that you probably should do a search for)I'll give you my experience with placing bump maps. I made a "brick" texture in PSP and of course saved it as a bmp. Next, opened bryce - chose a shape, went into the material editor and clicked to add a 2D texture. Load your texture into the 1st of the 3 boxes, click "copy" and then "paste" it into 2nd box and the 3rd box should show what the texture will look like. Press the "checkmark" and your shape should have your texture added. I hope this helps. Marty Logo & Web Page Designs Inc. http://members.xoom.com/WebPager1/index.htm

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 3:56 PM

I only know Bryce4 so if you are using an older ver I'm not sure if this will help but.... Once in your Material Editor and the Texture is loaded you can use the "copy method" as mentioned by Marty or if you (and it sounds like you do) want to use a 'special' BUMP then you can also click the little "LOAD" at the middle (BUMP) window and load the BMP. Also once the texture and BMP are loaded you can click the little "half-moon" circle above the middle window and INVERT the BUMP's effect (ie. swap the high/low effects)

RLG1034 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 12:32 AM

Thanks for the info, on both counts. Now I can stop banging my head against the desk in frustration, that was starting to hurt. Thanks again :)

adamite ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 1:40 AM

The above methods are good, but this method is "self-contained", and may be a little quicker... might be the same actualy, but anyway... 1.After you have made both maps in Photoshop, convert the bump part to greyscale, save it (this next bit will probably work in Photoshop but I use Photopaint, so u will have to work out the corresponding steps for this)... Next load it into the colour image as a mask or alpha channel or whatever, and save this as a tiff. Make sure you have no other alpha channels other than this one. Next load Bryce, go to the M. lab,ect, load your material, and it should automaticaly have that middle and end channel you needs for the bump map.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.