Thu, Sep 19, 11:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: D70 Firmware Update 2.0 Now Online

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:12 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:46 PM

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

jimry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:29 PM

Michelle...link? :)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:33 PM

Heheh....... what the hell happened!? Gimme a sec!

--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:34 PM

--- michelleamarante.com

jimry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:35 PM

:) Quite a big firmware update it seems...should please the D70 users :)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:53 PM

cool, thanks i've been hammering their site every couple days looking for it!!! thanks for the heads up!!!!

jimry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:55 PM

For those who dont know how to update firmware.... Download file. (if its a compressed file, open it). Format digital card. Copy file onto card. Go to Cam menu...somewhere, you will see Firmware Ver. Depending on what make/model, should see something like...UPDATE. PS...Most important: Please make sure the cams battery has enough power or use mains :)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 5:59 PM

Good advice about the batteries.... Other thing is this is a two part update.... have to be done seperately. Update part A and then reformat the card, repeat steps for part B. There are detailed instructions on the Nikon update page.

--- michelleamarante.com

jimry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:01 PM

Doh....thanks for that Michelle..never read the small print...lol

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:17 PM

i did the upgrade once before but i forgot already so i still have the page open. good lookin out as i didn't know it was two parts!!! i'm glad i just charged my batteries also!!! thank you again for the information, i'd have hated a 1200 dollar paper weight..lol!

jimry ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 6:22 PM

yes Eric...MOST important :)

coolj001 ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 7:39 PM

Sounds like good news for D70 owners. Reminding me of modem firmware updates...now they have firmware cams....cool :-)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 7:41 PM

yes it is and i'm glad you both pointed it out!!! thank you again! now it's time for that upgrade...can't wait to test it out!!! eb

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 8:27 PM

So what happens if one chooses not to update this firmware. Sounds kind of lengthy and risky to me.My D70 is like a month old...should it not be good for awhile?

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

ebsmooth ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 10:11 PM

upgrade sucessful, works like a charm! wow, very cool new U.I. kind of flashy. i don't know if it's because tonight i was in a well lit area for a change, but it seemed to focus a lot quicker. oh and nice now that i can see 43 exposures with my 256mb card!!! worth the upgrade!!! eb

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 10:18 PM

dBgrafix, it should act just as it act today. The link tells specific issues addressed...maybe some are important maybe some are not. I will give it a day or so and make a copy on a spare memory card. As for now, my cam does just fine. Like other software, upgrades can mean not much more than a new addition to the "number" like from 1.00 to 1.02 or can make a lot of usable differnce. I will have to read the fine stuff first. In the meantime, I will get it downloaded for update to the cam when I feel like it. You can check your firmware version in menu options, as you know. Well, here goes! Tom.

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 11:11 PM

Thanks..in my Firmware Ver. it says Current A 1.01 B 1.03

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 6:51 AM

Ok, now here is my question: I have the Nikon AC adapter and can use that power instead of battery. So...the silly sounding question: Do I need to remove the battery to use the ac adapter? The manual does not mention removing the battery. Why do I ask? My little compact but good shooting Minolta DOES require batteries to be removed to use the AC adapter! I just want to be sure with the D70. Anyone know for certain? Thanks, Tom.

jimry ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 1:38 PM

Dunno about the Nikon but on my Canon, I have a 'DC Coupler Kit...(a dummy battery with a DC-IN socket) and AC Adapter...I use that.

Davidy ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 2:24 PM

Bit late on this one but thanks for the link and stuff everyone, a 'new' D70 user, I shall take a bit of time to read up on how to do it, but it seems worth doing. David

Davidy ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 3:38 PM

Does anyone know why it is not released 'all around the world' and only in Asia first? I guess it doesn't matter where it comse from? Seems like I have had my D70 about the same amount of time as dbgrafix (doug? hope I have that right), so I am cautious as well, Camera was bought with no need to upgrade firmware until now. ohh and some people mentioned (not here but elsewhere) that it is worth waiting a bit for any bugs to be ironed out, any ideas? Thankyou Kindly, David

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 9:27 PM

My guess is it's because Nikon is a Japanese company..... ??? I've never had issues with a firm ware upgrade yet..... but that's just my experience.

--- michelleamarante.com

Davidy ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:46 PM

"because Nikon is a Japanese company" OK, I deserved that one but it's not what I really meant, since it is just a small file and distribution is not an issue, you would have thought that it would be available at all the various Nikon sites. ANyway, thanks all. David

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 2:52 PM

Well uhhh yeah.... I wasn't trying to be cute or sarcastic or anything like that. But I know what you mean, it was released on NikonAsia like a day or two before NikonUSA..... I really don't know why they do it that way...... And seriously that was the only thing I could think of....

--- michelleamarante.com

Davidy ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 3:39 PM

No problem, I was being a bit on the dim side. Anyway, I have just finished updating my firmware and it's all fine. Thanks for being so quick on the links and everything. David :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.