Mon, Sep 9, 4:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Hidden option in Vue 5 i?

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 10:16 AM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 7:41 PM

I had some comeback from e-on about the problems caused by material zones being merged when materials are copied from one to another. Apparently this can be cured by unchecking the "collapse identical materials" option. The problem I have is I can't find this option, despite spending some time searching for it. Is it hidden, or am I being blind? Can anyone here point me to it?

Belgareth ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 10:56 AM

I did that myself when I first got Vue Infinite. I remember that option, but for the life of me, I cannot find it again...lol I will keep looking for it and hopefully I will be able to give you the answer... Gareth:)

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:21 AM

Now I've seen it too, but I think, but I'm not sure, that this option is only available when importing objects. Again, not a 100% sure.

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 11:42 AM

Yep... 'collapse identical materials' is an option on the Import window. When you open Import Onject (to import from Poser for example), look under the file browser area. The option is right there :)

Belgareth ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 12:40 PM

Now I remember...lol. Thanks agiel and bruno021:)

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 1:00 AM

I don't think there is a "collapse identical materials" available asnywhere else than in the import or load object selection windows. But maybe e-on is a little further on - i asked for this option available inside the program for a long time already. And maybe they test that? Would be nice! What your problem might be - to be honest i don't understand the problem completely is that when you copy a material to another one that the old one disappears. Or when it is not used anywhere else in the scene it is deleted as well automatically. If i run into that i simply create a sphere or cube, position that outside the camera view and give that the material i want to keep for later use. Another interesting thing is the following. When you have a group of objects with different materials and you want to change the group material all in once you can't do it by pulling that material over the icon on the upper right. What you get then is that just the first material is changes, the others are untouched. Same with the change material corner in the lower left of that upper right material display (sounds more difficult than it is). Same result. The only that helps is to right click when you have selected the group and select "change material" in the context window. I think this is all i knbow about materials - outside the material editor. I hope there is something in it that you can use.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.