Thu, Sep 19, 11:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: May challenge 1:

ebsmooth ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 6:22 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

file_241679.jpg

nothing really note worthy here, i just really liked how it turned out after greyscaling it. thanks for looking, enjoy!!! EB

ebsmooth ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 6:22 PM

file_241681.jpg

thumb

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 8:39 PM

Added to Challenge page
got_it.jpg

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 8:49 PM

Oy!!! Super shot here eb!! I love this!! It's so peaceful!! And so sharp!! Perfect entry!

randyrives ( ) posted Wed, 18 May 2005 at 10:20 PM

Nice photo, and a very peacful place.

kimariehere ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 12:37 AM

its totally spectacular guy there you are again that beautiful lighting that is so you and rocks my world!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT please post it!! hugs!

kimmers ♥ :O)

soulofharmony ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 3:02 AM

way to go eric...winks...

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 3:05 AM

thank you all for the kind words!!! i'm glad you like it!!! eb

tvernuccio ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 3:18 AM

looks great, Eric! i particularly like the reflection of the clouds!!!

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 4:30 PM

very smoooooooooooth! like how you see the clouds in the water & symmetry of the compo

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 5:38 PM

thank you, i appreciate the compliments! i just wish i was better at day shots, maybe then i could have gotten some seperation in the clouds above, instead of just on the water.. thanks again!!! EB

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 5:42 PM

Oh yes!! I didn't notice this!! This is really strange! Where did the cloud go??? How come we can see it in the water and not in the sky??? Now this is the weirdest thing! O_o

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 5:50 PM

cause i have no clue what i'm doing with day shooting. just as the day light burns my eyes, i guess it also hurts my cams eye as well....lol!!!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 5:52 PM

LMAO!!!! U silly man!!! ;)

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 5:53 PM

if i were to guess, seeing the clouds in the water is like using a polarizing filter on your cam (sunglasses :)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 6:03 PM

to be honest, i can't remember if i had my skylight filter on or not. i don't think i did but there's a good chance. a polarizing filter is on my shopping list, well when i get some cash that is... is that what i need to get the skys to turn out well, without getting burnt like above? i couldn't find a happy medium, when i underexposed it brought out the sky but then all the details in the darker areas were gone.

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 19 May 2005 at 8:13 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/~photo/newweb/index.htm

from the resource center, Michelle's article on Polarizing Filters :] you can also expose a photo for the sky & one for the land & combine the 2 in PS :] you probably already do this too- Bracketing: A method of ensuring that the best exposure has been made. After metering the scene and making an exposure based on that information, subsequent exposures are made to slightly increase, and decrease the amount of exposure. This is accomplished by by either adjusting the shutter speed, or the aperture opening (f-stop). The preferred method is to adjust the shutter speed, so that the Depth of Field is not affected. -from the Resource Center Dictionary

tesla ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:11 PM

Xlent reflection and photo!!!

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:27 PM

thank you cyn and tesla! i've not played with metering yet, though i suppose i should. if the damn rain ever stops i'll try it tonight if not tomorrow. thanks again, i appreciate the tips!!! eb

Tedz ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:45 PM

A fine Reflective Shot....good to see You in the Daylight :]

ebsmooth ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:48 PM

thank you Tedz i appreciate it!!! sometimes i venture out into the light..lol!

Davidy ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:22 AM

nice shot, you have captured the detail in the trees superbly, and of course the reflections are great, fanastic entry. Better get my skates on and find something before the end of the month comes round, :)

ebsmooth ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 10:35 AM

thank you Davidy! i too was pretty happy with the detail in the trees, and the reflection was just a bonus i guess. thanks again, i appreciate it!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.