Sun, Sep 22, 2:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: making aztecan buildings on top of the mountains! i need hlpe

pares101 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 4:56 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

file_145933.jpg

i have no clue what to do to make the aztecan stuff ontop of the mountains can someone help me?

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 9:01 PM

there was an aztec-like pyramid that came with Bryce on the extras CD - don't know if that would help or not. Jade

pares101 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 9:04 PM

actually i just want to know the procedures of creating steps... i dont know how :(

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 9:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.interlog.com/%7Eandyu/fadetogray.html

Sorry! Andy Yue has a tut on making stepped pyramids at http://www.interlog.com/%7Eandyu/fadetogray.html - don't know if that would help you or not... Jade

pares101 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 9:26 PM

hmm... well i have that already but thats not what im lookiing for im looking for a tutorial that shows how to make steps or stairs like you can actually see the steps rising do you have any clue how?

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 10:25 PM

you would use Bryce's multi-replicate feature - I'll send you some links to some tuts - it's kind of hard to explain - at least for me Jade

theFOG ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 10:26 PM

file_145934.jpg

If this is the effect your after use mulit replicate. (Edit/muti-replicate) 1.First model your first step. 2.Select the step. 3.Click on Edit, then Step. 4.Enter the values for the ofsets you want. In my example I use a z and y value slightly less than the dimentions of the step and 0 for x. Make sure the x y z size values are set at 100% and zero for the rotate, unless you want spiral stairs. theFOG

calyxa ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 10:26 PM

in the terrain editor: new invert square edges posterize -calyxa

______________________________________________________________________________________

Check out my Elemental Hexagons deck, created with Photoshop, Bryce, MojoWorld, and Poser

theFOG ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2001 at 10:33 PM

Oops, step 3 should read Click on Edit then Multi-replicate Sorry theFOG

EricofSD ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 1:19 AM

Just a thought here, many indians lived in cliff dwellings and you have the making of that. Choose a rock from bryce and make it a negative. Make your mountain a positive and group them. Transfer material and keep out the greenery. Then put some bricks in the cave. Make it elaborate and use the terrain to make your steps. Have fun. Heh, what a great idea, I think I'll do some cave dwellings myself. LOL.

tankred ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 7:00 AM

Also, Aztecs did not live that close to the sea. They never had their cities that close because of maurading or invading forces. They were always in the jungles or mountains. Just look at Teotihuacan (which actually is Myan). That is about 650 miles from the sea in the middle of a plain. Or Matchu Pitchu whis is on top of a mountain. Just to let you know. Tankred

JVogel ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 1:27 PM

Was it the Aztecs or the Mayans who were famous for their stepped farming..

tankred ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 1:55 PM

It was the Myans. The Chinese are too! Tankred

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.