Sat, Sep 21, 10:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Medieval Church, WIP

toolman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 4:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

file_145983.jpg

This is the first building for a medieval Village scene I'm working on (95% modelled in Bryce). Any comments or suggestions welcome.

tankred ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 6:47 AM

This is a great picture. The only critism is that usually midieval churches were HUGE structures. I think that it would go a long way to make the walls higher and the bell tower square (they had to get into the thing). In general bigger. There is a GREAT gothic church in the poser store. Just search, well on, "church" and you will find it. That will at least give you the scale that is needed. Hope this helps, Tankred (who loves midieval churches but does not go to one)

Kurka ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 7:46 AM

Small town, small church. I agree about the bell tower, though.

Inkwolf ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 8:36 AM

I think it's a great little church! Not every town could afford a huge cathedral, after all, and not every nobleman felt it necessary to pave his way into heaven by buying off God with a monstrous monument funded by ill-gotten wealth. ;) I think a natural stonewall texture would look more authentic than the block texture you have on now, and maube a shingled or coppery texture for the roof. Otherwise, it looks terrific to me.

Deathbringer ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 12:31 PM

I agree both ways with the statements above, the only thing I think is missing is maybe a more ominious sky, darker, more gothic, something like that.. I love the tree to the side looks very very good..probably one of the most believable ones I have ever seen. Geat job!!

Quikp51 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 1:52 PM

This scene reminds me of the original Diablo , where you entered the church to step into the first level of the dungeons.

Ihawk ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 1:53 PM

I like it a lot! Are you going to share your village once its done? Someone has nice medival buildings posted on 3dCommune that may help out with your village. I think the wall should be the same tex as the church. The roof looks good - slate shingles were a standard then for big buildings. I like the stained glass, too. I hate to say it, but building something like this out of Bryce primitives is a big mistake. I made an extremely detailed castle out of primitives and ended up scapping it and re-building it from scatch in AutoCAD. Now its much more detailed and can be used in any 3d program. My $.02

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 2:47 PM

Looks good though I think the wall should be different. Nott he same as the church but more of a rubbly, piled rock one. And as far as building out of primitives ... For some of us that is the only option :) And this is good for a small town church. Does need some other stuff around it though S

Ihawk ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 3:22 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, Ghost. I, fortunately have AutoCAD 2000i at work (can anyone say "overtime!").There are some cheap alternatives for 3d CAD, although I doubt better than Bryce for modeling buildings.

3ddave44 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2001 at 7:49 PM

Nice work - yes, you could play with the wall texture some more - stones photo maps or such, etc. The sizing of your textures is good. Dave

toolman ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 12:34 AM

Thanks to every for your comments and suggestions. I agree about the texture for the wall, at the time of rendering this scene, I didn't have access to the internet, so I was limited to the few textures I had. Most of the other objects were added for the purposes of the render and may or may not stay, as things will surely changes as the town "grows". I would like to have modelled it in another program, but Bryce is all I have, not that I'm complaining as I love it.. :) Once again thanks. Mat.

Kurka ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 10:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.amabilis.com/

Check out Canvas 3d. Very powerfull, free. Saves in a variety of formats. " Hardware Accelerated Rendering using Microsoft's Direct3D Real-Time rendering Animation with Spline-Based Interpolation Material Palette that allows you to mix color, texture, texture wrap orientation, Ambient, Specular, Emissive and Transparency, and paint an object 3D primitives including Cube, Sphere, Cone, Cylinder and Torus An assortment of lights including Ambient, Directional, Point, Parallel Point and Spot lights Lathe Object Building Tool using B-Spline curves Extrude Object Building Tool using B-Spline curves Skeletal Animation Inverse Kinematics NURBS Surfaces 3D True Type Fonts Object Bending, Twisting and Tapering Deformation Tool Painting Tools Object Smoothing Object Face Extruding and Beveling Object Face and Point Editing Smooth, Flat and Wireframe Rendering Fog, including Linear, Exponential and Exponential Squared Scene Background Images Undo/Redo of all modeling operations Library storage of commonly used Textures, Materials and objects Scene Hierarchy that permits the creation of complex objects made of multiple parts that behave as a single entity Cut, Copy and Paste of objects Simulated Shadows Geometry export and import of 3D Studio (3ds), POVRay (pov), Truespace Objects (cob), AutoCAD (dxf), DirectX (x) and VRML 1.0 (wrl) files Constrain Operations by Axis Snap To " And all free.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.