Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Introducing Roadmaker

sittingblue ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 5:13 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 7:40 AM

Attached Link: http://tidbit.freefronthost.com/

file_242811.jpg

Greetings,

This is a scene I'm working right now. I'm sharing it, because it illustrates the results you can get with a Roadmaker script I wrote. In this scene, I used Roadmaker to modify the elevation map for the road and the house's lot. Roadmaker also created four material distribution maps used in this scene.

It was some time ago when I started doing some research on creating roads in Vue 4. In the process, I created a Paint Shop Pro 8 script that greatly helps in creating roads, paths, among other things in Vue 4 and 5.

I call the script 'Roadmaker'. It's fairly easy to use and learn, but at the same time, very dynamic and customizable.

One run of the script creates three material distribution maps: Road, Roadside, and Road Tracks, and a revised elevation map corresponding with the material maps.

I am making the script freely available on my website. Plus, I also wrote a tutorial on how to use the Roadmaker script.

The Roadmaker tutorial's address:

http://tidbit.freefronthost.com/tutorials/roadmaker/index.htm

My Roadmaker Kit comes with the Roadmaker script, a Roadmaker Prep Map script, and two Vue 5 Infinite materials that are great starting points for Roadmaker.

The Roadmaker Kit's address:

http://tidbit.freefronthost.com/objects/index.htm

I hope you enjoy the script and making roads as much as I do. If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or to send me an instant message.

Charles

Charles

sirrick ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 5:14 PM

Thanks, appreciate it :o)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 5:29 PM

Thank you very much! :)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:21 PM

Thank you - this looks great!!! Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

lingrif ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:49 PM

The results are fantastic!

www.lingriffin.com

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:00 PM

I can't get it to work. Do you start by running the prep script or by bring in the elevatio map? Does the script name the layers or does the user name the layers? The picture looks great.

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:06 PM

Shame for non PSP users! How about a PSD script? Oh well, I guess someone will come up with it by working on your tutorial!

Richard T ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 11:19 PM

Thanks for this, it will come in handy. Very much appreciated.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 5:22 AM

Oh this is really lovely. Sharen

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 6:34 AM

woo, awesome thanks for that :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

tradivoro ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 9:38 AM

Great work Charles, I can see this coming in handy in many a scene....

Djeser ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 2:10 PM

Whoa, very cool, Charles; thanks so much for sharing this!!

Sgiathalaich

lululee ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 2:47 PM

Thanks so much for your generosity. cheerio lululee

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 8:27 PM · edited Sun, 22 May 2005 at 8:28 PM

Please, can anyone answer my question? The second script refuse to work for me.

Message edited on: 05/22/2005 20:28

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 7:18 PM

Thanks so much. Going to have to play with this.

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 9:11 PM

I got it to work by upgrading my PSP. Thanks sittingblue you are one in a million.

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 8:37 PM

Will this script work for PSP version XI?  I tried it, but got an error - Maybe I need to read the documentation better.

Monsoon ( ) posted Wed, 25 October 2006 at 8:42 PM

Now how cool is that !!!!    Thank you.........

M

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 11:19 AM

file_357715.jpg

The script works fine with PaintShop Pro version XI.  I just needed to read the tutorial a bit closer.  Thank you so much for this Charles!  I was trying all afternoon to make a terrain with a road.  I did this in 30 minutes!  Here is a small preview of what I made using only the default settings and the dirt road material you provided. 

Anyway, still need to work on the materials.  When I use an eco material, it tends to fill in parts of the track.  How do I get it to stop that?

Peggy

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:05 PM · edited Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:07 PM

Hi, Peggy...
Just a thought re: eco-system problem.
I'm not all that familiar with the usage of PSP (I have PSP 9 btw), but...

I assume you still have the original "road map" that you created in PSP. Why not take that (and just that - not the terrain-map or anything), select the road (I assume the "magic wand" would be best for this), expand the selection somwhat (much like the script does for the edges) fill with white and save it as a bmp (or whatever). Then use that in Vue to control the distribution of the eco-system (it may heve to be made negative).... Just a thought.

I've only played with the script for a couple of hors (had some trouble getting it working initially, but eventually worked out what I was doing wrong), but I can see great uses for it:-))

Many thanks to sittingblue for making it available, and at a price I can afford!

Cheers,
Diolma

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.