Mon, Sep 9, 4:05 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: New Infinitie Update

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 2:53 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 2:48 AM

New update for Vue Infinitie at e-ons site. It is 5.06-2 Build 276828 Curious what everyone thinks about it. :o)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 3:55 PM

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 4:03 PM

I ahve been testing all afternoon and so far found that when I need one of my 3rd party materials I am getting a popup window asking to answer yes or yes to all for the materials where the previous versions didn't ask. I have reported it to tech so maybe they will get the bug fixed. :)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 4:44 PM

hmmmm....Getting ready to download & test myself :). Hope you realize I was kidding above :)...about the testing.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 4:51 PM

Ya I know you were only kidding. :o)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:15 PM

Not sure exactly what you are saying...trying to test here as well. Poser imports ok with textures.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:20 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:21 PM

Ok debby will try and explain how I have my materials.

I put my monsoon earthen materials in a folder called earthenware. I make a folder for Bountifulknight and put all his materials in his folder. Like rust in one and metal in another.
I put all these folders in a folder I name 3rd party and put it in my default Vue material folder where all the Vue materials are at. They show in preview when I go to materials as they should but I get a popup when I choose one the 3rd party materials.

Hope this not to confusing to you. :o)

Message edited on: 05/20/2005 17:21

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:29 PM

hmmmm...I've tested....loaded up a terrain & have tried monsoons & various other & haven't gotten any message. All mats loading ok.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:40 PM

Strange. Ok I have a 3rd party folder. In it my earthernware. Also in the 3rd party folder I have a folder called bountifulknight with subfolders called rust and metal. This one 3rd party folder with subfolders is in my Vue materials folder. I am using the C/Programfiles/e-on software/VueInfinitie/materials/3rd party/subfolders of various names instead of the one in my documents for my materials.

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 5:44 PM

I actually set up a new 3rd party folder(named exactly that)...I moved Monsoons SeaVue in there & all went fine. That was in fact a subfolder under 3rd party. Yep my mats are on Drive E:/V5I/Materials/3rd Party/SeaVue

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:00 PM

file_242357.jpg

Here is screen shot what I get when select a material from 3rd party.

ïÏøçö

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:08 PM

I usually get that message when I load a old scene, maybe from Vue4Pro or something. At that time the materials were located in a different folder (under Vue4Pro probably). Once I have saved the scene with all of the materials in Vue5I, that message goes away. I have my materials in subfiles under V5Imaterials - some are several layers deep. And I do shuffle them around once and a while. Then, if I've moved one, I'll get that message until I save the scene again.

www.lingriffin.com

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:08 PM

Ahhhhhhh...I see....I've been getting those messages for eons...going way back to Vue4 o.O

videodv ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:14 PM

Just a thought did you resave the mat after loading it in correctly, so it knows where the path is now? videodv.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:17 PM

Debby its not suppose to be that way as I had no problem untill the last two updates. Vue pro I never ahd the problem. I am playing around with some these suggestions so might figure out what is going on. Thanks Lin and videodv.

ïÏøçö

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:25 PM

Debby when choosing a material from earthenware folder go to the little icon and browse to the file and see if you get a different popup with a different message.

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:37 PM

Iloco....I moved everything back already...I have the erathenware set, but it's mixed in under my landscape folder...Could you give me a filename so I can check. Thanks

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:39 PM

I got a different popup with any of the files from earthenware when browsing for a specific file instead of choosing from the preview, :)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 6:45 PM

If we are talking about the same thing. By going thru mapped picture, I get a message saying "this image is part of a sequence, do you want to load" It loads differently depending on which 1 I click on. If I click no, then just that image loads...If I click yes...the mapped pic changes a bit. Have had that message appearing on various textures since V5I.

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:03 PM

It is weird that from build 276505 back I didnt get these boxes. Only after the last update do I get these path problems. It is very agravating having to look at a popup everytime you change a material. :)

ïÏøçö

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:13 PM

I rolled the last update back to build 276505 and now dont get these popups asking if ok to use a file from another place.
Got to be a bug that has happened with last update.
I will stick with 276505 untill they can get it fixed. I hate popups when I constantly change materials untill I find something I like.
Guess we need a popup stopper for vue now. :)

Message edited on: 05/20/2005 19:13

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:13 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:15 PM

I agree....that said..I've gotten used to it, since it's been happening for a while now. ~sigh~ This happens ALL the time with Xfrog items. Everytime, going back to Vue4, whenever there is an update, it looses the path.

Message edited on: 05/20/2005 19:15

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:17 PM · edited Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:19 PM

Funny(not really) it defaults to that damn C: My documents place....grrrrrrr. I really wish they'd fix that. ~eye roll~ I have nothing in my documents unless it's an Xcel spreadsheet or MSWord letter. Whoever came up the idea to put all in my documents had to have been on crack >:(...not just e-on I might add.

Message edited on: 05/20/2005 19:19

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:28 PM

I's like to put that stuff in my documents where I think it sould be..............:o)

ïÏøçö

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 7:43 PM

At least with PSP...once you move it & tell it where to find things it stays there...you don't have to keep re-doing things over & over & freakin over. Off to get some fresh air....need to relax ;)LOL

lingrif ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 8:04 PM

What always bothered me about that message is that vue "lost" its own folder, in your illustration, the materials folder. It never lost one of the other ones. That has been around a long time.

www.lingriffin.com

iloco ( ) posted Fri, 20 May 2005 at 8:10 PM

I ahve never had a problem with it till the last update. I rolled back and now am ok as I ahve always been. Something got changed in Vue in the last update. I agree Vue lost its own folder but only after I run the newest upgrade that is out now. :) It don't loose the vue default materials.

ïÏøçö

petshoo ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 3:44 AM

From what I understand, this message appears because the image listed in the material doesn't exist (probably because you moved it). But Vue finds something that looks suitable somewhere else, and asks confirmation that it's okay to use that one instead of the one actually referred to in the material. The strange thing is that the message didn't appear before the last update. Maybe e-on decided to put that message up systematically now. I agree that it was better before. Having the option to disable the popup would be even better. I think you should report this to e-on. Other than that, however, the update works really well.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:21 AM

I have reported this to tech support and if any others are having the same issue it would be nice if you report also. That way tech will see it is more than one having the problem. I havent moved anything from where it was before this last update. All is the same and when I roll back to last update all works as it should. :)

ïÏøçö

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:26 AM

Oh my...do I ever remember that message!! I made both Earthenwear and SeaVue in Vue 4. It took me FOREVER to get them out because of that. I would make the mat using initial bmps and such and then when it was done, I converted all images to optimized jpgs, placed them in the appropriate spot and then created the path in the mat editor and saved the new mat. When loaded, Vue would still call out for the old discarded bmp time and time again regardless of the new path. I got to freakin' hate that message. You wouldn't believe how many times I had to recreate all those mats. And still.... Also in Vue 4, when a SeaVue mat was loaded, and Vue called out for a non existent bmp, I would guide it to the corresponding correct jpg and engage. When the scene came up, Vue had changed all the colors to maroons, reds and purples instead of blues and greens...wierd and very frustrating. What a relief when I got VI and it didn't happen. Frankly, I'm always leary to update. I always have troubles when I update stuff, from drivers to apps. So I'm stayin' put for now. If anyone who has my collections and is having troubles with this and you don't want to go to the trouble of resaving every mat, I do have 'saved in VI' versions I would gladly send you via WhaleMail. I had to do that for jje and his Mac version. I would just need your email addy. Never a dull moment eh? Render on! M

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:41 AM · edited Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:47 AM

monsoon are you saying its a problem with your materials.
If you are then why do they work great before the latest update for Vue Infinitie. That seems to tell me that Vue changed something so we getting that agravating popup box.

I will send you pm with my email addy so I can see if that will solve my problem. I still think e-on needs to correct why its happengin since it only began with last update to Vue Infinitie. :o) I forgot to mention I get the popups with other 3rd party materials the same as with your earthenware. Does that mean all of them need to make the changes. :)

Message edited on: 05/21/2005 06:47

ïÏøçö

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 6:59 AM

No, it's not a problem with the materials. It's a problem with Vue. I'm just saying that saving the mat in VI again should fix it. You could do that yourself. I'm just offering to save folks the trouble. All you gotta do is when Vue asks..'use such and such jpg instead?', say yes or yes to all and then save the material replacing the initial one. Vue should remember that path.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 7:02 AM · edited Sat, 21 May 2005 at 7:07 AM

Well looks like I got a bunch of them to save. This is a lot of trouble for ones like me who have lots of materials in their material folder. Why spend all your time correcting Vues bugs when it should work as before the upgrade. :) Just the one folder of earthenware mats there are 58 to be saved and I have about 25 more folders with other peoples mats that will need to be saved as well. Think I will wait till they get a new update with this fixed. :) I will use the ones you send me that should be ok and see if they work with new update. I can roll back after checking them. :)

Message edited on: 05/21/2005 07:07

ïÏøçö

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 7:21 AM

Iloco, Try this. I think I know what the prob is. Take Earthenwear and SeaVue folders out of the 'Third Party' folder and put them back under just the 'Materials' folder. That's the path they are built with. Not 'Third Party'. By putting them under third party you disrupt the path. Try it and let me know. I'll tune in when I get to work. M

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 7:31 AM

I only have the earthenware materials. Haven't gotten round to getting the Sea Vue yet. Ok I reupgraded and did as you said. The first materail I selected from earthenware opened without a popup. I then went back and selected another earthenware material and got the popup after moving the earthenware folder out of 3rd party and into materials folder.

ïÏøçö

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 7:56 AM

Oh well, it was worth a try. I don't have any clients yet so I'm gonna zip and upload this resaved version. You should get a WhaleMail notice in a short bit.

Monsoon ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:27 AM

Ok it's on it's way. I tested each mat and not a single call out. I hope this works for you. If not, something's definitely askew in Vue. Speaking of anomolies.... Has anyone had the topography of procedural terrains change when you move the camera? It's been happening to me quite often....

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:48 AM

Well its definitly something with Vue. Installed new zip files as you said in materials folder and when I picked a material the first two times it loaded them ok. Now when I went back to change material the third time I get popup. :o( I think the newest upgrade is handling things little faster but I sure don't want the popups. Will roll back to previous version so want get popups untill e-on fixes this path mess. :)

ïÏøçö

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 1:51 PM

The procedural terrains sometimes act very strange for me. Monsoon, by any chance when the terrain changes has the clipping in that terrain been altered?

petshoo ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 2:47 PM

Another option in the mean time is to set the folders that contain de textures as default search folders in the Options dialog (third tab).

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 3:02 PM

I set the textures in options to the folder I keep getting popups from and it still gives popups from earthenware in latest build but not in previous build. Soemthing in Vues latest build that is the problem. :)

ïÏøçö

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:17 PM

Have the same problem iloco, but it just got worse: I wanted to load an Xfrog tree that was exported as .lwo, and Vue wouldn't load it, got an error message: buffer overrun, and then Vue crashes. I know this has to do with memory, but I never had this problem before this new update. So, I tried to get back to the previous update, but it as apparently corrupted, so I wasn't able to revert back, but when opening Vue again, another warning saying that I might have to reinstall the app completely. No scene would load. tried to get back to a previous Windows saving point ( system restauration? I don't know the term in english, sorry), but it didn't work. So I tried one last thing before reinstalling Vue, I re-downloaded the bloody update and now it works fine, well not fine, since i still have the problems mentionned before.

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:25 PM

Report this to tech if you dont mind. The more the quicker we get it fixed. I had forgotten about some errors I was getting with xfrog and buffer over run. I have been getting those with last two updates. :) Thats for another thread I supppose.

ïÏøçö

lingrif ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:32 PM

iloco - I just thought of another time I get those texture messages. I keep all of my scenes that I'm working on in a vue5Iscenes folder. I have a subfolder under scenes called finished and I move my finished scenes into it. If I should open one of those finished scenes to rework it, I get the materials location messages probably because part of the path has changed. I know I've been getting this since I started working with Vue4.

www.lingriffin.com

iloco ( ) posted Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 May 2005 at 8:40 PM

Thanks Lin but I have never moved any my saved scenes.
Here is the clincher that I think ita a proably with new update.
I can roll back to previous update and all works ok. Even from when I installed Vue I I have not had this problem. Only after the last upgrade. :) This is starting a new scene from scratch I am getting the popup window for the materials, not a saved scene.

Message edited on: 05/21/2005 20:40

ïÏøçö

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 12:49 PM

@ iloco: I sent E-on' tech deparment an e-mail to report this. Hope many of us will do the same, so they might solve this quickly.

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 22 May 2005 at 12:59 PM

They are pretty good about fixing a bug when they see its effecting more than one person. The more that reports the faster I think they will try and fix. :)

ïÏøçö

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 1:07 PM

Got report back from e-on today confirming this problem and it will be fixed in next update. Thanks to all who reported it to them. Now to play some with xfrog plants and get the buffer error fixed. :)

ïÏøçö

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 23 May 2005 at 1:13 PM

Well, they answered me about the texture maps paths, said it would be fixed in the next update, and asked me for an Xfrog exported file to check it for themselves, so I didn't feel so confident about this issue; but if they told you it would be fiex, that's good news. Now how about this new problem I have, see my new post about illumination baking!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.