Fri, Oct 25, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: OMG!!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 3:52 PM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

Here's a mail I just received from Kodak, following the submission of my pic "Break time" about erm....really can't remember actually since I completely forgot that I ever submitted it!! O_o Oh well, here's the mail anyway: jumping all over the place Dear Pascale, I'm one of the editors for Kodak's Picture of the Day -- and I'm writing to say Congratulations! "Break Time" has been accepted for Picture of the Day and will appear June 17, 2005 on the Home Page of kodak.com http://www.kodak.com and every few minutes on the Kodak Times Square Gallery in New York City. Be sure to tell your friends and family, and I hope you will keep submitting your pictures! Best regards, Marianna O'Brien I HAD TO SHARE THIS!!!! Yep!! I'm SO proud!!!! :D Yep!

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:05 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:07 PM

C O N G R A T S !! Pascale!! :D ;] :o))) :-*
break out the confetti & champagne! on Times Square even!
awesome news! well deserved, we're very proud of you sweetie!! :] where's the pic? do you have a link for it?

Message edited on: 05/24/2005 16:07

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:08 PM

Now that's really something to be psyched about! Do you realize how many people will see your image in Times Square?..... Wow! Congrats!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:12 PM

Attached Link: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2549&pq-locale=en_US

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!! Thx SO much Cyn!!! This is too incredible!! I still can't believe it!!! And yes, on Time Square even!! On a giant screen!!! I keep reading that mail, over and over again!!! Oh man! I join the link to the page that shows that Time Square screen!! Something's bothering me though! The pic I submitted was a jpeg one and I'm wondering how the hell it's gonna look at such a big size!! O_o Weird!!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:13 PM

OMG!! I know Chelle!! This is crazy!!! I dunno!! I'm like giggling like a lunatic, still unable to believe it!!!!

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:17 PM

You have to be kiddin me....wow.Can anyone enter....guess time to read and bombard.....That makes a huge smile on my face Pascale...(I knew her when....)

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:18 PM

LMAO@Doug!!! Yep, anyone can enter Doug!!! And at any time! ;)

Davidy ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:25 PM

Wow, this is great news. You have every right to start shouting from the rooftops. Perhaps you should post the pic here or sometime closer to the 17th so we know what to look out for, or maybe leave it a suprise! Congrats ! :)))))

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:29 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:30 PM

I already post that pic in my gallery David!! It's also the pic that was displayed in the Editor's choice of the Digital camera magazine photographer of the year 2005 in the portrait category! It didn't win but, to me, it was already something to be in the Editor's choice!! ;)

Message edited on: 05/24/2005 16:30

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:30 PM
patmartj ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:32 PM

Big Congratulations Pascale! Wow and Wow again Very well done. Come on folks it Party time!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:34 PM

Woohoo! U bet Pat!!!

Davidy ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:37 PM

ahhh ok sorry for being dim, yeah it's a real quality picture, and in DC magazine as well !!!!!!! brilliant, well done again. I'm in awe now! and very pleased for you :)

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 4:58 PM

Thx David!! :D

Wivelrod ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 5:32 PM

Big congrats! Its a wonderfull image and very much deserved :)

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 5:49 PM

Thx Adrian!! I'm still in shock!! O_O

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 6:18 PM

Best News all Week! This one's a treat...and what Kudos...Mickey has fine appeal and has a winning Smile...kinda reminds Me of....Me. self embrace Well done Pascale...You are starting to Shine.

KiwiMiss ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 7:26 PM

CONGRATULATIONS PASCALE!! I had to look up the pic again, recognised it as soon as I saw it but hadn't recognised the title :-( sorry. You sooo deserve this, it's a fantasic image. Where's that champagne ... it's not all gone yet I hope!!! hugz Noeline

Noeline :D
ย 
~Predictably Unpredictable~

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 7:42 PM

Wow!!!! and double congrats!!! I believe on Time Square it will look just fine. The distance makes it work! This is super. I will go see the pic now. Go Girl Go!! Tom.

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 8:01 PM

AlRIGHTY NOW!! A DOUBLE WOHOO YEHAW for PASCALE!!! Ok... now we need someone IN New YORK to snap a shot of TIME SQUARE and your image on the KODAK BIG SCREEN ! Hey isn't Jim(RYNO) from that area? Hey it might actually get on TV too! Most of the morning NEWS shows use TIME SQUARE as a backdrop! Wouldn't THAT be SOMETHING!?! CONGRATZ! Joe

logiloglu ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 8:13 PM

WOW, Congrats Pascale, i am happy with you. i love your photography very much.well deserved, my friend. #:O)

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 8:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.imaging-resource.com/NPICS1/KODAK_TIMESSQUAREGAL_2_L.JPG

Here's a link to a image of the Kodarama!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 9:21 PM

LOL@Teddy!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! U guys makes this even more incredible than it already is!!!!! U ROCK!!! Thx so much for ur support and enthusiasm!!! I LOVE YA!!!! :D And Joe my dear, what a brilliant idea!! I actually thought about it but didn't dare asking!! So now that u mentioned it, is anyone from that area who could shot the event, plz, pretty plz??!! Plz! Plz???

coolj001 ( ) posted Tue, 24 May 2005 at 11:32 PM

Contgratulations! :-) That's just too cool! I am most happy to hear this :-) It is amazing your photo will be on the Kodak home page and Times Square! I can see why they selected it though...it is a very cool photo. I knew you were cool, but now your are cool beyond words. :-)

tvernuccio ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:49 AM

Yippppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeee! grabs your hands and dances around forum with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Pascale, this image is absolutely one of your best and totally deserves this!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooo excited for you cutie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You gotta do some BIG TIME celebrating girlfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We gotta have a celebration in here that day!!! now someone pull out the out LPs and let's find "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang!!!!! "Celebrate good times, come on!!!!!"

randyrives ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 7:41 AM

CONGRATS!!!! Just how exciting is this!!!

Zabeth ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 7:41 AM

Ohhhh yes!!! Told you, you got the eye ;-)))))))) I'm very very very very very.... HAPPY for you! You rock sweety! And yep we HAVE to celebrate... got the song! See ya!!!

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 8:16 AM

O Pascale how wonderful!!!!!!Congratulations!!!!I could try to take the pic for you.I don't live near the city but not terribly far either.And if I can't I also know someone who possibly could.Don't worry.Somehow you'll get a pic of times square.Loved that pic by the way.Immediately recognised it.Congrats again! YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 8:35 AM

That is so great Pascale! I'm so proud of you and happy for you. I didn't even know Kodak did that. A well deserved honor for an awsome photo - and photographer! 8o]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

3DGuy ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:03 PM

These photographers use kodak? A sony digital they mean :D.. congrats dude.. this is way cool.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:48 PM

LOL!!! Thx so much gang!!! I already told the ALL world about it! Well, MY 'lil world anyway! ;) Marlene, u would be such an angel if u could do that indeed!!! :D Couldn't sleep last night and went to bed at 7am or something! I guess it makes sense! I even dreamt that I was in the US! LOL!! How serious is this Doc??? O_o And 3DGuy, I'm not a dude, I'm a dudette! ;)

3DGuy ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:06 PM

oops I knew that... I'm just dense sometimes :D

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:37 PM

LOL! Dense huh!!! LMAO! I like that one! ;)

Damia ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:14 PM

Just wanted to add my belated CONGRATS!!! That is soooo exciting! You deserve it!

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 7:15 PM

Thx Damia! :D

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 5:38 AM

This is really fantastic news Pascalle, and let me tell you this...YOU DESERVE IT....I am proud of you too!!!

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 11:03 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GOD!!!!!!! WHAT A COOL SURPRISE TO COME HOME TO!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW PASCALE!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO INDEED, HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!! Congratulations, you sure deserved it!!!!! YAY FOR YOU!!!! Unfortunatly, now when youre a celebrity, i do feel the need to stalk you even more....hope that doesnt come as a chock to you! MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! HI EVERYONE BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!! #:o)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 12:26 PM

Thx so much Ilona! U're an angel! :) LMAO@Andreas!!! Welcome back darling! :) Missed ur fantastic enthusiasm! ;) How were the holidays??

firestorm ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 2:26 PM

a little late ;P Congratulations!!

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.ย ย  Elliot Erwitt

vlaaitje ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 3:09 PM

file_243539.jpg

I couldn't resist not to post a special flower for you..... This is for you Pascalle, taken today with my arm in bandage in my garden..... I am so happy for you, and please give me the link if we can see it okay? It is so exciting for me too !!!!!

Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 3:56 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Thx so much Ilona!! U're adorable!! I will post the link on the 17th, with my pic on the page! ;) And What a gorgeous shot, I love purple!! And so sharp, I'm impressed knowing that u took this shot with ur arm in bandages!!! This is NOT reasonable Ilona, u're supposed to rest! Grrrrrrrrrrrr! A huge warm friendly hug to u my friend! :D And thx to u too Ronesh! ;)

Akinom ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 10:40 AM

WOW and triple WOW Congratulations, gal! You really deserve it! We are all proud of you! It's so exciting for us, too! Right now I have posted a few "golden stars" to the gallery for you, hon! Hope you like it! :o) Hugz, Monika

CameraObscura ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 10:52 AM

I would like to congradulate you on the recent award from Kodak and wish you all the very best. Egmont

gunsan ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 11:12 AM

file_243541.jpg

WOW Pacale, you are a celebrity now. Congrats to this honour. You know how much I loved that photo! You are worth all praise, but all I can do at a distance is to give you an orchid and many virtual hugs!!

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 1:23 PM ยท edited Fri, 27 May 2005 at 1:24 PM

OMG OMG OMG!! THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX AGAIN SO MUCH GUYS!!! U rock!!
Egmont, thx! :)
Monika, u're an angel! Haven't seen it yet, I'm going through my mail right now!! Huge hugs and mwah and thxxxxxxxxxx and all! :D
Gun darling, thx so much for that fabulous flower!! As I said, I love purple, second fav color after terracotta and all tones of red! But u too are supposed to rest! Geez women, would u plz take care of urselves!!!
LOVE YA!!! YEP!

Message edited on: 05/27/2005 13:24

SoulSearcherr ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 11:02 AM

wooooooooohooooooooooooooo...WTG girlie..it is very exciting news and one to be proud of..S

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 12:29 PM

Thx Nita!!! :) It IS very exciting indeed!! Can't really stop thinking about it! :D wOOHOO!!

DreamersWish ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 10:21 PM

Congratulations on this wonderful image! It was a wonderful capture and I hope it turns a lot of heads. You should be very proud as we all are of you!

GiveMe ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 10:22 PM

Congrats Pascale. :^)

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 12:08 AM

Thx newpy and Frank!!! I'm overwhelmed with all the congrats here!! Never thought this thread would generate such a fantastic and encouraging response!! U guys are a wonderful bunch for sure! :)

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 29 May 2005 at 12:45 AM

i think the link on monika's pic helped :] enjoy it pascale!!! i mean you're going to be on Times Square!! how cool is that! :-*

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.