Fri, Sep 20, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Umm Please comment and critique this =-P

JVogel ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 3:22 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

file_146111.jpg

I made it in about 2 hours today and I like what I see but if anyone sees anything that doesn't look quite right please point it out...Any suggestions to make the light from the light house look more realistic?

JVogel ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 3:26 PM

My picture is just an X its probably my damn AOL browser..

Deathbringer ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 4:28 PM

Ok heres my $.02. The light looks pretty good, but needs to be thinner at top part touching the lighthouse, and raised up just a little, looks like its coming out to low. Also you might add a bridge or walkway of some sort to get to the lighthouse. Also the texture on the lighthouse looks a lot like the texture on the ground, I would use maybe something more looking like stone, rock, or even a wood like texture. Finally darken the overall picture a little and add some fog in. Overall the picture looks good.. Hope that helps.

JVogel ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 8:18 PM

Yep thanks a lot Deathbringer..

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 10:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brycetech.com/picts/tutpict2/materiallab100.JPG

Youve got a good start on an image. I was noticing that I can see the stone thru the water up close. Thats a nice touch. The texture on the house needs some work. Like said above. You could try actually laying boards for the house, or find a good "board" texture. the lighthouse needs a new texture too...a stone, brick or something. Maybe a walkway and hand rail at its top? and the lightray looks like a glass texture put on a cylinder? Try changing that to the "green lit" preset texture...then change all the green in that texture to white in the material lab... then itd look like the attached pict (the rays I mean) show us the rework OK? later BT

JVogel ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2001 at 10:50 PM

file_146112.jpg

Which green light preset? Could you explain that a little better for me... I am pretty new to bryce and I still dont understand how to use many of the functions. Right now the light I have is actually not light... I do have a spot light up there but the ray of light is actually one of the cloud textures with ambience, reflection, etc all set to 100 About the texture on the house and the light house I am not so concerned about that yet... I put the high frequency brick supplied by bryce 4.0 on it and I plan to make a better texture for it later... here is what I have now with out making any of the adjustments BT has suggested.. the upside down raft is by wappen and is from the bryce free-stuff section hehe and looking at this last one I have to fix the grass terrian...

fredramsey ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 7:51 AM

I don't know how to fix it, but something about the field of view on the camera or something is making the perspective look a little weird and forced. The top of the tower slopes down radically towards the horizon, or is that just the shape of it?

Deathbringer ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 12:00 PM

Man the whole tone of the image shure has changed, great job on the follow up image. The boat is a great touch! The light looks a lot better, and the ray seems more defined. I agree that the slope of the roof seems a little sloped towards the ground. Great job

JVogel ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2001 at 1:36 PM

ya the camera angle isn't the greatest =-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.