Sun, Oct 6, 5:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Poser 6 problem

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:35 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_245332.jpg

I took the plunge into p6....and had no problems....then I moved my p4pp runtime over instead of just linking it and bam it corrupted p6 and p4pp wouldnt accept the runtime back so I uninstalled p6 and reinstalled it. Now I get what ever is below the poser working window showing thru. If I have nothing showing thru its either the desktop or the previous test render I have done. (I'm new to the forums so forgive me if the picture doesn't show).

But this problem is cracking me up big time.

Message edited on: 05/25/2005 13:50

"I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away"

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:41 PM

When you uninstalled did you delete the P6 directory ? As you copied in files from PP, the uninstaller may have left something behind to cause trouble.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:44 PM

I did a search for all p6 stuff and curious labs...and deleted everything I found that should have gone......i dont know what else to use to find lurking files etc..I updated drivers too when I first installed p6 and also yesterday updated direct x...a pc friend who has no idea what poser is lol said it may be a memory problem....but i have 768ram and i had no prob b4 with my previous render...im sooo hoping its poser and not my pc....cause i dont want to do the f word lol

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:00 PM

768 Ram is not whole lot. Usually when things linger on your screen like that, it is more than likely memory or video card issues.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:02 PM

dam....can I cry now? lol

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:39 PM

Try switching to SreeD preview and see if that helps. Render menu, select Render Settings, click on Preview tab, alter Display Engine setting.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:46 PM

ok ty i will try that...

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:51 PM

yay i think it has worked! TY....btw Im kinda new to poser...only started jan 2005 and very new to p6 ....where it says accumilation buffer on the render settings....do i set to hardware or software (feeling kinda silly asking this lol)

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:09 PM

The DirectX update might have caused the problem.
I suspect that all the settings get set to the defaults, so you might want to go through the DirectX and video driver settings.

The accumulation buffer setting applies only to the OpenGL preview.
If you switch back to OpenGL, then the recommendation was to use "Software" (some people did find that "Hardware" was actually required).
YMMV as it depends a lot on individual machine setup what works best.

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:18 PM

i only updated the direct x after the problem....a fellow poser user suggested it...Im not pc illiterate but there are some things im like eh? on....like direct x and video driver settings lol. i have nvida geforce fx 5200 graphics card....and i had a look around the settings but to tell you the truth i havent got a clue...I have a friend who is a lecturer at college on pc stuff but he knows nothing about poser...but im gonna ask him if he knows what settings would be best..but changing the preview seems to have worked.....TY TY TY lol

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:28 PM

nVidia has good OpenGL support. You might want to get the latest unified drivers from the nVidia site. Then you should be able to use the "Hardware" option. I have two machines with nVidia boards - an AthlonXP2700+ /2 GB DDR333/ Ti4200 and an Athlon64 3500+ /4 GB DDR400 Dual Channel / Geforce 6800LE. Both machines work very well with Poser 6/ OpenGL hardware. They also both work very well with Vue 4.5 Pro/Vue 5 Infinite OpenGL My third workstation is a P4 2.8 HTT / 1.5 GB DDR400 Dual Channel /ATI Radeon9600 Pro. Vue and OpenGL tend to crash on that machine, at less complicated scenes that still edit and render well on the XP2700+ And I definitely advise upgrading RAM. 1 GB is a nice working minimum for P6 (those 4 GB in the Athlon64 really help!).

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:31 PM

ive wanted to get some ram for a long time...but finances are tough lol...but i will look into it....im gonna go on nvidias site now and look around...but i have a feeling ill be back asking where do i look lol....its been one of those weeks...i did update my drivers the other day...but it was just the basic gaming ones......im gonna go peek see if i can find something...if not ill mail them and ask them which is the best driver for what i want....ty again to everyone for your help

originalkitten ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 4:09 PM

ive just reinstalled my nvidia driver....as i read the intsalliation instructions and i hadnt uninstalled it....its not made any diff..the only diff i get is if i change my render settings to SreedD and it goes...soon as i change back I get this window....so ill just use SreeD for now....i guess lol ty again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.