Thu, Sep 19, 5:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 4:23 pm)

Subject: growing guide hairs

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 1:29 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 9:45 PM

Hey guys! This may be a pretty simple question, but I've been unable to solve my problem. I'm trying to grow some hair on my poser figure, The new generation V3, and I'm having a bit of trouble. I've mapped out where I want all of my hair groups, and selected all of the polygons which I want to grow. So I have several hair groups and most of them have worked just like I want them to, but I have a couple groups, specifically, the ones behind the left ear and the front bangs, that won't grow guide hairs. They are the same as all of the other groups as far as I can tell, but when I press "grow guide hairs" nothing happens. Anyone share this problem or have a solution? I'm pretty new to the hair room, so I may just be making a silly mistake. Thanks so much!

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:21 PM

A screenshot of the problem areas would help. Also are you using P5 or P6 ?

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 2:59 PM

file_245326.gif

I am using poser 5. Here is the screen shot.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:47 PM

No success in reproducing the problem.
Are you able to grow hair on that area when it's the only hair group (i.e. the first one in a new scene) ?

Are you able to create other hair groups after this one and grow hair on them ?

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 3:57 PM

This is like the third or fourth hair group I've produced. I have had successful growth in different groups both before and after this group. I don't think I've done anything different.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 4:24 PM

I've just tried a few experiments and the only thing that seems to cause this problem is the length of the hair group name.

Anything over 15 characters causes the Group Editor to get confused, so try calling this group "rightBangsFront" and see if that cures it.

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 4:25 PM

I've gone through and looked again, and the only difference I can see between any of my hair groups is the length or pull back or pull down, etc.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:10 PM

file_245327.gif

You can see the problem above, there are two hair groups defined, but the Group Editor is only listing one.

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:14 PM

erm... mine's not doing that. I have 12 groups under the current group menue and 13 groups in the group editor... I don't knwo where that extra 13th group came from, but it's the opposite of what yours is doing.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:18 PM

And it also happens in P6 :(

I guess nobody's noticed it before as I suspect that most people just take the default name when they create hair groups.

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:21 PM

ohhh... I think I understand... do I need to rename my groups?

mikachan ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:23 PM

wait.... maybe I don't understand,... what can I do to fix the problem? do I need to recreate the groups that aren't working?

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 25 May 2005 at 5:28 PM

You will need to delete and then recreate the ones that have names that are too long, the rest should be OK.

As your don't appear to be using a skull cap, I don't think you'll be able to fix things using a text editor, you'll have to do it in the Hair Room.

(Using a skull cap means that you can save just the hair setup to the Props library, see geep's tutorials)

mikachan ( ) posted Thu, 26 May 2005 at 12:24 AM

that worked, thanks so much!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.